1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA dismisses Jack Thompson's offer of help

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Mar 2008.

1. unclebulgaria

unclebulgaria What's a Dremel?

If we ignore Jackie Boy, won't he go away?

(Bless him for trying, obv)

2. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

i think he's cold, we should give him his jacket with the double length sleeves so he can hug himself.

i've been amusing people at work with stories about him, they all think he's an idiot. personally i want to see how far he'll go. if games are so violent and cause people to go crazy and shoot other people, why has no one shot him? i'm still sane... well, as sane as you can get on bit-tech...

3. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

Video Games don't make me violent
    Jack Thompson makes me violent

...the same for a few others round here too I suspect

..therefore using jack's own minority over majority idea means we should ban jack thompson from public exposure

4. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I hesitate to make my first post about 'Smiling' Jack, but seriously, this guy is nuts. Unfortunately for us normal people, ill-informed parents will always support his cause against video games. Im nearly 30 yrs old, but I remember a moment in time when I was in my early teens that the pastor of the church called my mother because I left a book there. This particular book was written by Rose Estes, and it was a fantasy novel, one of the "Endless Quest" novels, similar to the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books that some of you may remember. The pastor was 'concerned' because the book had wizards and magic and thought it was evil. My mother actually asked me if I believed in the stuff I was reading!!! To give my mom some credit though, she would have never asked me about the book if not for the prompting from this preacher. At this point in my life I had already read the "Hobbit" and the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. My mom already knew what my answer would be.

Every time I hear about Jack Thompson, I think about that preacher. Both are misinformed and are championing a cause that they know little about. Would a pastor today confront a parent because their child left a "Harry Potter" book at church? I think not. The bottom line is that parents need to be responsible and raise their children correctly so that they know right from wrong. Granted, this is not 100% effective, but it goes a long way in making sure your kids grow up to be respectable members of society.

Games, books, newspapers, the internet, movies, art, the evening news... they all depict scenes of violence. Since we are all exposed to at least one of these mediums as we grow up, by Jack Thompson's beliefs, we would all be uncontrollable psychopaths, roaming around wreaking havoc.

Sorry for making my first post such a long rant. I sincerely apologize.

5. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

Great first post, welcome to the forums!!!

Sue him for it!!! (a la mcdonalds scandal.)

6. Xir

Xir Modder

The Man is not a problem...
    That there are companies out there that hire him...that's the problem.

Maybe based on the american "no cure, no pay" way of twisting law?

7. mayakovski

mayakovski 10" blade with a 5/8" arbor.

Is this guy for real?????????????

I originally thought he must be a made up character used for funny PR as I cannot imagine anyone remotely like him being allowed to live this long. Mind you Bush is still alive.

Bush and Jack = proof that Darwin was wrong.

8. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

finally a result. now if only the US could see to kicking him out of the country

Tags: Add Tags