1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Scratch Build - PeculiarMac (updated 28/4/2008)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by PTModder, 2 Apr 2008.

1. PTModder

PTModder What's a Dremel?

Well guys this isnt really an update (or maybe it is...) but my case has changed a little bit...
    I dont have fotos yet but tomorrow there will be some.
    The main changes are a new varnish coat with a diferent patern but same color and some dirty gold color on some components like the pump and other stuff....
    Im also re-designing the hole cable system and also the place for the PSU since in the place she was put in the case was too hot aswell as i will be trying to hide it a little bit more...

Keep following as tomorrow there will be pictures of the main changes....
    And thanks for watching!

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Some kind of white / opaque acryl might work as well?

3. PTModder

PTModder What's a Dremel?

Ok guys..heres the update with pics...

The paint job on the pump and both the waterblocks and the rad...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new color on the case...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now ... here did the hard drive go?????:worried:
    [​IMG]

Here she is !!!!
    [​IMG]

The hard drive in place and a used dvd drive from an old laptop as mockup..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some lapping i did on the CPU
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finaly everythiong in its place
    [​IMG]

I still need to finish the watercooling loop but only tomorrow...im really tired today after all this work...

Thanks for watching and leave your coments....:read:

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

:eyebrow:
    What happened to the paint? It looks like gore from an '80s movie. You didn't apply latex paint on woodwork, did you?:nono:
    -Sorry, but I liked the stained pine. I've seen enough badly painted wooden boxes to make my eyes bleed.

5. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

I agree with Cheapskate. *nods*

6. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

agreed, the red paintjob needs some (a lot) work. The watercooling gear paintjob looks killer though :thumb:

I like how you placed the HDD and DVD drive too. Doesn't it generate a lot of heat in a place that you don't want though?

7. francisl1420

francisl1420 What's a Dremel?

Gold watercooling gear looks awesome

8. MinisterOfSound

MinisterOfSound What's a Dremel?

Hi to all,

This user conveniently "forgot" to mention that the Water-Cooling components and fans that he has were not payd to the original owner, all that you see there regarding cooling belongs to another person. This user has a history here in Portugal of scams including selling stolen goods and not paying a Mac to a ex-friend of him. He has been banned and/or suspended from many forums here in Portugal, if you want more info just pm me.

Rgrds.

9. Patuga

Patuga What's a Dremel?

that's why the watercooling is worth more than the hardware...

10. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

please don´t make a public spectacle of this, it would be best handled by the mods and is not relevant to the rest of this thread.

11. PT_McGuy

PT_McGuy What's a Dremel?

Hi Hgserv aka PTModder. It isn't only your english that sucks, you suck mutch more !

Trying to make projects with stollen goods it's so lame. You should sell all your hardware and return the portable you stolle frome a nice laddy that asked you too format and not keep it.

You should all know that this User is not good people.

After is mask came off, he simply delet all it's fotos from all is project, and change is nick.
    Ho, and he change adress too to run from the people that he hown money.

Thief, you should be ashamed for all the lies and good that you stoll from good people.

YOU SUCK ! :nono:

Last edited: 7 Apr 2008
  12. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

If you have problems with a user, please don't pollute the thread with drivel. Take it up with a moderator or go away.

As far as I can tell, he has done nothing wrong on our forums. Other forums, perhaps, but not on Bit-Tech. You, on the other hand, have. You have no excuse to come into this thread just to attack a member, even if you think there's a good reason for it.

This thread is about a modding project. To be honest, I don't care if he bought the parts or not. I came into the thread to look at a project. I'm not doing business with him and he's not profiting from me looking at this page. I'm just looking at some pictures of a project he's working on.

By the way, I agree with a few of the above posts. You should never paint over good wood; staining or oiling it to preserve its natural appearance is almost always a more appealing choice.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2008
  13. MinisterOfSound

Hi,

I'm affraid that you didn't undestood the reason why I posted but I'll explain it to you:

1 - I posted because I find shamefull that he's coming to post here exhibiting the components that belong to others.

2 - I posted MAINLY because I know that there are some Portuguese users among this forum and this might become a warning to them.

Sorry if I wrote something wrong, I'm Portuguese and my English it's a bit rusty.

Rgrds.

14. Matticus

Matticus ...

I don't think the problem was with why you posted, it was the fact you posted it instead of going to the mods.

You could have signed up and PM'd one of the mods and they would have looked into it further.

Afterall, we don't really have any proof about your allegations, other than the fact that quite a few of you seem to be against this guy. So to use it just seems like an attack on someone completly out of the blue.

15. MinisterOfSound

Hi,

I already contacted a moderator and I'm taking care of explaining everything, as well as making proof of what I say of course. Meanwhile this post might be usefull to prevent any possible scam that could be happening.

Rgrds

16. PTmodder_the_thief

PTmodder_the_thief What's a Dremel?

truth must be eared...

forgive my blunt and short post, but the truth must be eared...

thanks a million MINISTRY OF SOUND for your concern - i will do the same in bringing this case up to the moderator and by warning other portuguese modders who are members here, how a thief the member PTmodder (AKA hgserv - hugoguerreiro2@hotmail.com) really is behind all the sweet talk !!!

troughout half a dozen portuguese message-boards (from where he has been kicked out) he continues his futile vanglorization, about his work made of stolen material, not to mention that in my victim situation (i know the other 2 victims as well) he is using as we speak, my stolen macbook to post hi project.

How does he dare to use my photos as example with that "Pink Fezer 1", without my consent (property rights = rule broken) and show my computer he modded during 4 months in late 2007 and knowing that at Xmas, he promised to pay for my dear macbook ...but i never saw the money not the laptop since? He wont come to the door, reply to my emails or answer the phone ...now thats what i call: running away!

*** ou pagas ou devolves, é tão simples - sem cenas, sem magoas, recomeçar de novo ***

----- wont bother this forum again ----- farewell and thank you for listening -----

17. FrooP

FrooP can I eat this?

O M G

Oo

18. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I was wondering why he hasn't 'wandered into the community.' Was this a billboard? Most newcomers make a few posts outside their own log...

19. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

i'm amazed at the lack of mods or response on these allegations... i dont know what to make of it. It sounds real, and with PT_modder not showing up, it's certainly credible...

I can't say i approve of the way you guys express yourself though.

That said, modding (especially here on BT) is a community. Stealing or duping others in that community is the lowest. :nono:

I do hope this gets clarified by a mod soon. The thread itself is a disgrace to these wonderful forums as it is now. :(

20. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

I reported the posts so the mods should know about it :confused: