1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos A Wet (and Snowy!) London

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by chrisuk, 8 Apr 2008.

1. chrisuk

chrisuk What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

The first time I've been able to get out into the City with the D40 - my first proper camera. I have to admit, I've not read anything about how to take proper photos, or how to use the camera (damn work!) But I was pretty impressed with the quality (although I prefer taking people/animals) - hope you like, and constructive criticism/pointers would be great (I've not touched these up at all, which is why there is some wonkyness)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More here (plus a few more i've taken soon) http://www.flickr.com/photos/25455044@N08/

Not a scratch on some of the stuff I've seen here, but I had a damn good time taking them!

2. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

They are great Chris - what lens were you using?

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

lol at Foamy up the tree :)

4. lockdown

lockdown What's a Dremel?

i agree! the images are great. they are so clear.the architectural structure of those were perfect. the color is great!

5. FragileSocks

FragileSocks What's a Dremel?

Gotta love the quality of that camera, really nice pictures too.

6. ellism

ellism What's a Dremel?

Fat squiggle up a tree! Sorry Chris couldn't help but ruin your thread. Nice pictures though.

7. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I really like the first one :) nice shot, though I'd have preferred you either keep all of or crop out in entirety the statue that's dissected on the left ;)

8. chrisuk

chrisuk What's a Dremel?

Thanks for all the comments (except ellism - i'll get you tomorrow at work :p )

Its the D40 with the standard kit lens - DX 18-55

I'm gonna have a bit of a play cropping/touching up and generally messing around as soon as I get something decent installed on my mac - I don't really want to shell out for photoshop right now, so having a play with a few other things.

Tags: