1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philippine medics risk the sack for YouTube posting

Discussion in 'Serious' started by DXR_13KE, 23 Apr 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

ROFL! :lol:

I have to admit that was quite funny the way he instantly showed it off then popped the cap and started spraying it. There was about 50 people videoing the bloody thing, that's incredible.

2. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

will it was weong to post it on youtube, ill admit, if you goto a doctor expecting them to pull something out of your ASS then at least let them have a little fun with it - as they did :)

(though as I say... putting it on youtube was a bad idea :p)

3. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

i wasn't talking about what you'll find in the law, i'm talking about reality. It isn't hard to see how wrong this situation is: A guy shoved a perfume bottle up his butt, and then gets another guy to pull it out - who does he think he is? doctors have better things to do! If a doctor doesn't put it up on youtube, he's gonna have a good laugh about it with his mates at least, and morally speaking, he deserves to! I see that video on the tube as rightfull punishment, and a public service anouncement.

So what would you do, walk into a doctor's practice with a 6 cell flashlight shoved up where the sun isn't supposed to shine, ask the doctor "Respect my confidentiality, be gentle, and please remove this carefully without causing me any pain"?

You say the doctor humiliated the patient, but i say the patient humililated himself, degraded the doctor's job, and did nothing but contribute to bogging down the health system. I say anyone that performs such actions deserves to be publicly named and shamed as punishment!

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Let's take this to the logical extreme. Let's not treat addicts --they should've known better. Let's not treat sports injuries --they had a choice not to expose themselves to physical risks. Let's not treat people that got injured in figths --they should have behaved and stayed out of trouble. Let's not treat sexually transmitted disease --they should not have screwed around. Let's not have abortions --same reason. Let's not treat tropical diseases --should have got all their shots before going on holiday, or stayed in a civilised country. Let's not treat heart disease --they should have lived healthier.

Thing is, mvagusta, people screw up. People occasionally make bad choices. You do, too. It is just that most of the time we're lucky and get away with it. Occasionally we don't. And when we are ill, injured, in pain and/or scared, and we need some help, it would be really nice if the health service did just that, help us, without passing moral judgments on how we got ourselves into our predicament too much. Doctors do not get to judge whether people deserve to suffer. They get to try and alleviate it. That's their job.

People are expected to take some responsibility for their actions, but rubbing their face in it when they're down is not helpful. As part of my job, people have told me quite personal things. Things that can be cringemakingly embarrassing, stupid, or just plain bad. If I go judging them on it, they will just clam up and hide their embarrassments. By being accepting and non-judgemental about it, people can examine these behaviours and learn from them; they can be their own judge, and they can learn to be a bit wiser.

Last edited: 24 Apr 2008
  5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i totally agree with Nexxo.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Wow how many people in that room for a simple item in butt removal. All i can assume is that they dont get treat many cases of things up int he ass or just like to laugh at the guys missery. Id hope the guy was knocked out as if I was awake with that many people laughing at me and watching something come out my ass, I would not dare come back to that hospital.

Totally agree with Nexxo on this one.

Disciplinary action must be used in this situation.

7. mvagusta

I never said he didn't deserve treatment, i don't know why you are trying to twist what i said :confused:

Rubbing his face in it may help actually, as it may deter him from doing it again.

8. Nexxo

Let me refresh your memory:
    See?

Now I have an issue with that attitude also. Let me explain.

There was a time not long ago when being caught pregnant was morally frowned upon. The girl was often thrown out of the family home, shunned by the community and put in a work house where overzealous nuns (in the spirit of Christianity, of course) would subject them to harsh labour and punishment to bring home to them the sinfulness of their ways until the baby was born. The child would then be taken from them and adopted. The girl would be tainted goods --she'd be lucky if anyone would still marry her.

Abortion was not an option, of course. Abortion was frowned upon as much as pregancy out of wedlock (who else would need an abortion?). It happened in backstreet clinics on dirty sheets with basic tools by poorly skilled people, not in clean, well-equipped hospitals with qualified staff. You could bleed to death as often as get an infection.

You're too young (I suspect) to remember the witch hunt around AIDS. There were plenty of people in the 80's who felt that AIDS was a disease sent by God to punish gays, and that these people did not need medical treatment, but ostracision in leper colonies. Hospitals might not admit them. Doctors and nurses might not treat them.

Thing is, people screw up. Young people do what comes naturally, and get caught pregnant, or with an STD. People miscalculate how far they can go in the use of household objects as sex toys. As a consequence, they may find themselves in need of medical treatment. Now we can publicly humiliate the guy with the perfume bottle, like perhaps forty years ago we publicly humiliated pregnant 16-year olds, or twenty years ago we publicly humiliated AIDS victims. Perhaps in a decade, the perfume bottle thing will be considered harmless sexual practice and we will be publicly humiliating smokers instead (we're already doing a good job at that). We're not too tolerant of obese people now.

Or we can grow up a little, and be wiser, more tolerant. We can say: "Hey, that with the perfume bottle was a bit stupid, but remember the time I broke my leg in two places trying that flying bannister slide-jump on my skateboard? Remember how I had it off with that gorgeous girl at that party, when we were all a bit drunk, and she gave me the clap?" We're all a bit stupid occasionally. Let it go.

9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

well said

10. mvagusta

well twisted :clap: maybe you are simply not able to comprehend what i'm saying?

Doctors have better things to do, other than pulling perfume bottles out of a guys butt, believe it or not, just take my word for it.

If you think my attitude is harsh towards the guy, well, take your own advice: let it go :thumb:

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

real story: reminds me the mentality of a doctor we had, he refused to work efficiently in cases of motorcycle accidents (he said it was their own fault and that he had better things to do than heal people that did stupid s***), he would walk slowly, and do things slowly, some kids died and then one day it happened to his kid, he did not know that his kid was there... now his kid is dead..... doctors do have better things to do, but any case is as important as the next.

12. Nexxo

I know they have (working in three hospitals myself, and all that), but that's not the point. The point is that health care services do not get to make such moral or economical judgements. Because you may think the guy with the perfume bottle is wasting medical resources, but others may think that illegal immigrant with cancer is (speaking from professional experience here). Or that that pregnant teen is. Or that that drinker/smoker/drug user is. Or that people without health insurance are wasting medical resources. Or the unemployed. Or the elderly. Or (for whatever stupid reason), you.

There are places that moral judgement simply should not go. Deciding who is more deserving of medical treatment than another is such an area.

You ventured your opinion, I ventured mine. Welcome to the forums. :thumb:

Last edited: 26 Apr 2008
  13. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Ack, I wouldn't want something that size in the usual place, much less in the behind. <cringes>:eeek:

14. Major

Major Guest

Thing is, if a woman got a ***** stuck up her arse, it would be a totally different situation, people wouldn't be taking the piss. But as it's some gay bloke with a can up his backside, it's a totally different situation (but **** me sticking that up your backside is just insane, torture comes to mind).

I'm guessing the guy paid for this operation, and if he didn't, then that doesn't matter. I don't think they did something wrong to get them to be sacked, at the end of the day they are saving people's lives and helping others, I'm sure a little bit of fun here and there isn't going to hurt anybody, yeah it might not be professional to do what they did, but if you didn't think that was funny, you have something wrong with you.

:D

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

extremely not safe for work, if you are sensible or have people around you DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK AND DO NOT NAVIGATE IT, in sum you will see a man, a jar and a potato.

this link is brought to you by rotten.com "The soft white underbelly of the net, eviscerated for all to see"

16. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Society was ruined a long long time before the birth of youtube... just take the patient... youtube wasn't responsible for a cylinder pertruding from his balloon-knot.

BTW. Best youtube video ever...

17. mvagusta

OK, fine sukky babies :grr: If you have a perfume bottle stuck up your butt, then you have rights & the doctor must urgently, discretely, & painlessly remove it from your butt, but if you have a jar with a potato in it stuck up your butt, then you definitely have absolutely NO RIGHTS what so ever! The doctor can remove it tommorow if he wishes, and he can bring as many camera crews as he wants to aswell!

18. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

IIRC that case was the by the patients choice....

19. Nexxo

Kind of an interesting point you're making, there. It is all about what people consider acceptable.

OK, this is a true story, honest. Some guy got depressed, tried to kill himself with pills and booze. He woke up sick and threw up. So, as an alternative, he goes to the local railroad track and tries jumping in front of a train. Being sort of drunk, he messes up and only loses his leg. In agony and desperation he drags himself into the canal alongside the track to drown himself. He is saved by a guy walking his dog.

This true story did the rounds in our mental health service for months. We all thought it was hysterically funny (I mean, come on). But we did not make fun to the poor guy's face, nor did we feel the need to make his tragic exploits known to the wider world. Professionals do make fun of tragedy. Black humor keeps us sane. But we don't do it at the patient's expense.

A true professional doesn't take pictures and post it on the internet. A true professional takes pictures and publishes it in a scientific journal. :p

20. mvagusta

Ok, so in your opinion, what does someone have to shove up their butt, before the event becomes fair game :confused:

How about a bowling ball? Or a bar stool maybe?