1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Shinra :: 23.05.08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TheNomad, 23 May 2008.

1. TheNomad

TheNomad What's a Dremel?

Hello.

First of all, my english is realy bad, so have mercy on me, everything that i know, i know from tv or games.

Chapter.1 The Begining:
    Ok, You want it or not i will tell you how it's started :p
    I never care about how look like my pc case, and most of time i don't use any, but times has changed...
    when i start thinking about my new pc i try to look for new case as well, ...and most of case 1.look ugly 2.are expensive way too much [or 1+2]
    So i look deeper, and then i land here, on bit-tech, ...and that was something like kick in the balls, omg wtf that crazy people do to their cases, this is madness!
    ...few days later there was a idea, bright idea, "if They can make it, so do I"
    Ofcourse there is a little problem, here, in Poland, everything is way too much expensive, this is first problem, second one: i dont have absolutly no idea how to make things like this,

but im learn fast xD, and last one from that big problems i have: no tools, hammer and screwdriver is not enought :p
    But i will not give up so let start xD

Chapter.2 The Project:
    I read many many topics in bit-tech, then i found google sketchup, many of Yours use it to make a project of Your future case, so i download and try it...
    ...and its simple! something like making things with LEGO, but i can make my own parts xD, sweet, i like it very much.
    Ok i get tool to make virtual project but i still need a concept for it, so i ask myself: "dude what do you want from case", okey answer is simple, case need to be Big, Black, Sexi, she

need to have a room for that cables and other mess, i dont need silent case becous i can't sleep when fan dont make noise :).
    Now in need only design, inspiration, and name for it :), ...long long time ago [10 yers or somethin] i get to my hands Final Fantasy 7, best game ever made, i remmember realy good two

things from it, Mako Reactor, and Hardy Daytona [Cloud bike], absolutly insane design of both, and both was made [in game ofc] by
    Shinra Power Electric Company], thats it!
    Outside big, black, and simple looking case, inside messy, with detail stilized like Shinra product, so this is a concept, lets begin.

Chapter.3 The Sketch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ...Im still not sure about few things here...but i like it.

To make a case i need a...case, [i say it again - no money here :p] so i look for some used junk, and then i found it:
    [​IMG]
    so beautifull, my precioussss xD [cost: 2 and half beer]

...and then i realise that i need something to cut, so i buy my first toy:dremel::
    [​IMG]

cheap and usefull..i hope. Ok time to cut it :p the first cut will tell me everything xD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and then my new parts arive..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

quick test, and then i put water on it for test

[​IMG]

bix mounted for est purpose

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ok so it work, i have selected e8400 so i need beter cooling for it to make it suffer :)
    but first things first.
    8 powerfull Nidec fan's on heat exchangers = 80W so i need second psu, and something to control it...
    [​IMG]
    Dunno what power this have, 3 swith, 1.control 3 fans [0-5-12v] 2.control other 3 fans like switch nr1, and third swith is on/of, maybe its not perfect but i dont have experience with

electronic, still need something to put that in to it [if you dont understand what i write - my english is realy weak, then i say it in other way - i need case for second psu :)]

btw when i make coffe my gas lighter make boom, and this is what left from it
    [​IMG]
    ..may be usefull someday :)

Now the water cooling in front, i get 12x12x4 fan's:
    [​IMG]

Nidec Beta V
    TA450DC(B34262)
    130 CFM
    9.6W
    4050 rpm
    ...silent when i turn it on with 5v and powerfull on 12v
    but cables look ugly, so...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

not finished, i need little bit of aluminium pipe, You will see :)

i get as well some of LEDs
    [​IMG]

and this water cooling junk i have and dont use...for now:
    [​IMG]

time to hunt some aluminium, plexi and other basic materials xD...

2. Moriarty

Moriarty Evil Genius

Thats a pretty huge case, but looks good. A little blood, sweat and tears is all you need to make a great case. I look forward to seeing this grow to completion.

3. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

Damn, that's a monster of a case! I love the concept though, and I'll be following your progress! :thumb:

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy, I had them made up for my portable Mako reactor project years ago. Mine didn't fare so well, but here ya go.

5. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Stellar work so far, but please tell me you got that radiator free. I know that they're cheap these days, but it's far and overkill to use a 3x120mm BIX for just a pair of chipsets.

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Welcome to Bit Tech.:D I like your design plans. Will the optical drive be hidden by a door or will you stealth it?

7. alonso_bistro

alonso_bistro I'm just looking

why don't you put your lcd on the top black of the front ?

8. TheNomad

@ Moriarty / craigbru thanx guys, i wanna make it big, i very like big case, and big tower is still too small for me :p
    @ KayinBlack Thank you very much. First one, the logo i make by myself in *cdr file so i can cut in with cnc machine, or ploter ["ploter" is a english word, yes?]
    [​IMG]

cutting test with "ploter"
    [​IMG]

..and thanx for second one, i will use it in freon cooling unit propably xD

@ Tulatin i have that bix for long time, i buy it very cheap, and i will use it for 2x Mosfet's / NB / SB / propably GPU

@ Cheapskate hidden door in front, with engine to open it, project of mechanism will be updated soon ^^

@ alonso_bistro i prefere it in that empty space among two fan's

today i get some materials, many of them, everything almost free, i will upload pictures tomorow, becous here is night right now so i cant make a good picture of it.

9. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

Welcome to bit-tech.net Nomad :> ( a moze wypadalo by powiedziec "Witam! w ekipie") [Sorry guys for NONENGLISH word :p ]
    Nomad... as many people say "Subscribed" i'm too so will be watching it!

Greetzzz

10. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

woah man this is a killer design, gonna be awesome with the phase change to!

11. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Witamy na Bit-Tech! Loving the design dude! Like the idea, and the stickers :p Best of luck

12. Farmboy UK

Farmboy UK Hungry for knowledge

That design is real nice, simple, clean and sexy. I'll be following this one

13. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Love the cads, it looks great.

14. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

Beautiful design, I'll be reading the thread to see how it comes out. Good luck!

15. TheNomad

Thanx guys, its realy cool when someone like what you doing :)

Today:
    First of all, what i was thinking? blue? BLUE? that was stupid so i buy few white one xD
    [​IMG]

...and more of those:
    [​IMG]

this one was realy hard to get [to mount fan on bix]
    [​IMG]

i borrow this, hmmmm i dont know english word for this tool, heat maker maybe? :) i have it till monday
    [​IMG]

some paint
    [​IMG]

second psu case, already painted
    [​IMG]

now the best one
    [​IMG]
    the plexi glass, cost? ofc free xD

now when i have plexi and tools i can makesomething xD

[​IMG]

few beer laiter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All right! it works, but my finger was little burned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

another few beer laiter
    [​IMG]

complete, and its perfect, i was almost sure that i cant make it that good, i gues that i was wrong, good for me xD
    more pictures tomorow

16. nikeunltd

nikeunltd Epic destruction around machinary

nice work so far!!

17. The boy 4rm oz

We just call them heat guns. Basically a turbo charged hair dryer lol. Nice work so far.

18. TheNomad

...heat guns! i was close :), but turbo charged hair dryer is better name for it [and i will use that second one from now on] thanx!

...i hate cables, realy realy hate them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yes, yes i know it's silly idea :p, 5 more left, need coffe or beer [or both]

19. Eurofix

Eurofix What's a Dremel?

Massive case, cool design, nice work - watching this one :rock:
    Powodzenia kolego!

20. The boy 4rm oz

Those rings are the perfect piece of detail.

Tags: