1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Amazon to offer exclusive Fallout 3 SKU

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Jun 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

"Are you tempted to pre-order a copy of this special edition package, or do you object to the way that shops are given exclusive products?"

No, and no. Amazon exists almost everywhere after all, and their prices are not too bad.

3. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yet another proof that Beth is really comercial about FO3... Thats really sad! And that PIP boy statuette is ridiculous! Doesn't look like the one in the game!

4. Tejstar

Tejstar What's a Dremel?

This article should at least highlight that this is US only (at the moment) and there's no confirmation as to whether we'll even get it at all!

Of course I'm referring to the Survival Edition, not the Collector's Edition.

5. CardJoe

We've only just managed to confirm that for ourselves actually - I'm in the middle of updating the article now :p

6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Yes, because developers should write games for the love of it, and give them away for free...:sigh:

Of course they're commercial about it - Bethesda is a company. They exist to make money. That's what companies do. The only way to make money is either charge more for a product (in which case people moan about the price) or make sure that they sell more of that product (in which case people complain that they've sold out).

7. banshee256

banshee256 What's a Dremel?

Bethsoft went from a respectable firm, run by enthusiasts, that made games for enthusiasts, to a company more a-kin to Lucas Arts; money first, everything else: second. I understand that you have to make money, to continue making games, but for heaven's sake... Stop this rape of a great franchise!

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Have to agree, Bethesda used to be my 2nd favourite devhouse after ion storm. Now one's dead and the other's sold out.

9. Orlix

Orlix What's a Dremel?

Errr its Amazon USA... they ship to the EU, the duties might be high, but if you are a fanboy you can still get it. I live in Germany and get all the books I cannot find here in English from Amazon USA (no duties). With the right total amount is cheaper than buyng it from the UK.

10. naokaji

naokaji whatever

they can put that offer where the sun doesnt shine...
    stupid amazon

11. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

So... the big difference here between this and the regular collector's edition is the addition of the clock.

I will be buying the normal CE from wherever I can find it cheapest, because I must have that lunchbox.

12. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

I don't see how you can say this. I doubt they got into developing games for the money in the first place, they probably had a vision of a game world that they wanted to create and wanted fans to enjoy. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they want money for their work but I doubt that's at the forefront of their mind. If games can really be considered an art form (and I believe they can), then the developers are the "artists", and most artists don't create art for money.

They exist to create games not make money. I really doubt that if you asked a Bethedsa employee what their company does that the guy would say "Oh we make money." Making money is a side result of their real business which is to make games that people enjoy. Anyway sorry to go on a rant about this but I see people say things like this way too often.

13. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

I agree, fans want fallout gear and they're providing it, the game is a different story.

14. Queelis

Queelis What's a Dremel?

About the statuette, seriously. It should've been a little bit more :worried: plump

15. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Bethesda have hardly 'sold out'. They're not some hippy loving suedo political punk pand, they're a games developer. What are you on about?

16. CardJoe

Agreed, they've always been out to make money. That's the point. They make good games because that's where the money is and because they are talented guys with an ability to do that.

It's hard to see how they've sold out by offering a collectors edition, tbh.

17. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Oddly (as I tend to like Collectors Editions) I just want the game. The rest of the stuff I can happily not worry about.

18. Bigturk

Bigturk What's a Dremel?

if i got the survivor edition from USA would the game inside be the same as the one in uk (for ps3)

Tags: Add Tags