1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Steinway

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by POMPE, 19 Sep 2002.

1. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

So where did you put your hamster.... In your Chieftec or LiLi?

2. POMPE

POMPE What's a Dremel?

i did put it in the fridge....for later transportation to the compost. but dont spread the word my kids think i burried it on a pet cemetary

3. POMPE

POMPE What's a Dremel?

well a small update of what is going on right now i am sanding A LOT. but here is a pic of the layout of the components

[​IMG]

well as u can c the floppy opening will be facing backwards. at first i did not plan to use a floppy at all but since it fits in ther i can just as well incorporate one.

i also made somememory heatsinks out of an old psu hs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

to make this work i had to remow the fins from one side which was easy done

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and a bit of sanding and filing and i got myself some memory hs

[​IMG]

4. danielctull

danielctull What's a Dremel?

liking it alot...

is there much space for airflow? it looks very cluttered, is there enought space between components for air? i know space is limited, im not that thick.

But is gunna be really cool to see that completed, keep up that fine work, the poor people who dont have the cash/equipment to mod, love so much. :clap:

5. POMPE

POMPE What's a Dremel?

i dont think there will be any problem with the airflow the psu will be taken out off its box and screwed to the bottom of the case. OR i will buy a 2 fan cpu and have the top fan facing the bottom of the case where i will have a hole and some alu mesh. also next to the hdd cage there already is a hole where i intend to fit a small fan. the exhaust fan will probably be where the psu fan would have been in the first place. and also the cpu fan will suck some air in to the case. dust could be a problem i dont know yet if that is the case i will try to solve it later by changing airflow or adding fans or filters. the componets inside r not that hot running either so i dont think cooling will be a problem

6. Reaper_Unreal

Reaper_Unreal Minimodder

Looks good, can't wait to see the finished product. What kind of mobo are you using? It sort of looks like a via epia, which would be cool, because then you wouldn't have to worry about airflow. It only generates 7.3W of heat. Not to mention that I've seen it run intensize benchmarks without a heatsink, and it didn't crash or anything! :D Even if it's a celeron, you don't need much airflow to cool that thing. All you need to do is get a small heatsink with a small (or large if you choose) fan. You could probably make this entire computer quite quiet.

Anyways, I love the idea, almost makes me want to take apart my Advents (could fit an ATX board in there). Can't wait to see the finished product, or even the latest updates!