1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: PrometheusCU - Update #54 - May 28 2010 - Video Teaser

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Langer, 18 Jul 2008.

1. Fyve

Fyve What's a Dremel?

Just wow. :jawdrop: You are one of the best modder's I have ever seen. Cool project. Just out of curiosity, how much is this all costing?

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

My first thoughts.... Those GPU blocks are very very nice.

3. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

@yeknom - Thanks very much.

@kbates666 - Thanks man, the multiswitch will control the rad fans and 5-6different lighting zones of many white LEDs. I'm sure I'll find a couple other things to throw into the mix as well.

@The boy 4rm oz - Thanks

@twentynine - Thanks man, I appreciate that.

@modsquad - Thanks a lot, AquaComputer has been very kind. Drilling out the flow sensor was the first thing I said to myself when I saw it...I don't know why they made the holes so restrictive.

@Fyve - Thanks very much! The costs are very high... I saved my pennies for over a year and spent a couple hundred hours planning this project, the total costs climbed up past $9000CAD with my latest purchase of the Mips Ram Freezer 4.

@Mankz. - My thoughts exactly, and thanks for the kind words.

4. ShadowWings

ShadowWings What's a Dremel?

Did you know that Aqua-Computer now offers their flowsensor with a modified nozzle with 5.6 mm instead of the 3.3 mm.

Ontopic: looks good and keep on modding!!!

5. Shoggy

Shoggy Aqua Computer Staff

Have you tried to clean the text on the blocks? It's likely that it is only some residue from the laser engraving process.

6. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

@ShadowWings - Thanks man. This is the 5.6mm diameter version, it'll still need further drilling to maximize performance.

@Shoggy - I have not tried to clean them up yet, but I expected that to be the case. I plan on also polishing the copper a bit more on the surface, perhaps even try to give it a brushed look like the rest of the pieces (unless you would advise against this for some reason). I'd like to thank you once again for you help and support, the product are better than I could have imagined... the blocks are even sexier in real life.

7. Shoggy

Shoggy Aqua Computer Staff

Hehe, no problem :)

8. BlackWhizz

BlackWhizz What's a Dremel?

Lovely waterblocks, I WANT ONE! :p

9. Frido

Frido Minimodder

I want two! And two 280's too :p
    SEXXXY, BADASS BLOCKS! Me likey!

/Frido
    Oh - nice setup fella! You'll succeed perfectly fine I'm sure!

10. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

@BlackWhizz - Thanks mate... two days later I'm still drooling over them.

@Frido - Thanks for the vote of confidence, and kind words.

Thanks again to all the readers and I'm sorry for the delays on REAL updates, but I'm depending on a lot of 3rd party people who aren't as motivated to make progress as myself.

Last edited: 1 Sep 2008
  11. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

The CoolerMaster Aquagate Duo generously donated by xtreme0915 of the SliZone forums has arrived today!

I will be using the Aquagate's clever little waterblock/pump assembly to cool the pico board.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is how the waterblock will be mounted to the Pico-ITX board. Note that I've yet to construct a proper bracket for mounting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of the board next to the rad that will be cooling it.
    [​IMG]

Here's a quick glimpse of my desk right now, it's been sitting like this for about a month... I really need to pick up the pace.
    [​IMG]

12. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I am really hoping that water cooled PICO works out for ya. I am trying to finish LEXA off so I can put my full attention into my up and coming PICO download box mod.

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I love your solution for cooling the PICO board.. Very smart.

14. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

+1! :clap:

15. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i could be wrong but i think it was my daft idea! lol!

16. Omen

Omen What's a Dremel?

Nice m8. Subscribed :clap:

17. FrankoTheMighty

FrankoTheMighty The Mighty Methodist

I've been following this project for a little while and i can definitely say that you and craigbru have inspired me to do a machine with a pico itx board in it as well, although id probably use a bigger case since my modding skills are rather limited at the moment, i was thinking of using lian-li's new Tyrx2000 case

18. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Nice stuff.:D Your pico WC solution is almost feels like cheating.
    -and I would never slap a person with a shop like that, But D*MN! That's a lot of cash for keys that might fit.

19. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

@The boy 4rm oz - I can't recommend this board more... it's very powerful for the size and it's so damn cool.

@Mankz. & jokkos - Thanks guys, once the default pico heatsink was disassembled/milled the rest wrote itself. "Robert's your father's brother" if you will.

@Burnout21 - Although you did have a part in the process I must give cred. to Craig...
    Even more credit goes to xtreme0915 for donating the thing.

@Omen - Many thanks, stay tuned!

@FrankoTheMighty - Welcome to the forums mate... Bit-tech is the place to be for geek knowledge! Thanks a lot for the props and I'm happy I've inspired something. Ironically Craig's Rogue project inspired a number of factors on this mod, being a fellow Pico modder I followed his mod closely.

@Cheapskate -
    Haha, that answers that question. Thanks a lot! I'm pretty sure that they'll fit... if they dont then I might cry, then I'll MAKE them fit even it means the use of a jig+glue+patience.

20. FrankoTheMighty

FrankoTheMighty The Mighty Methodist

Yeah, I've been a long time lurker of these forums and I've learned quite a bit from them as well, also do you know if anyone's ever gold leafed some key parts of the case or waterblocks, cause I think that would accent them almost as sweetly as all the copper on this project.