1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 29 Oct 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/10/29/fallout-3/1

Duck and cover! There's a massively anticipated RPG on the loose and its name is Fallout 3! We let Joe go crazy, setting him loose in the vast, irradiated wasteland and letting him go explore. He's just come back with his first reports, so check out the full review here.

:hip:

2. dmak

dmak What's a Dremel?

great game, I agree about the interface being meant for a console... so I plugged in my xbox controller, now all is well :) This was also my first pc "live equiped" game, what do you think of being able to add to your gamerscore via pc games now? is this leaving room for more cheating? or are pc games rated differently?

3. MajorTom

MajorTom Minimodder

I for one can't wait for this one. I was a huge fan of Oblivion long after completing the game, and this was because of the Mod community. As briefly mentioned in the review, the mod community righted many of the console wrongs about Oblivion very quickly. I would recommend anyone who still has their copy of Oblivion knocking about to check out the FCOM project. It pretty much doubles the content of the game. What will they do to Fallout?

I would have thought that Bethesda would have learned from all the complaints about the Oblivion UI being too console based but I guess not. Shame but not the end of the world.

Oblivion with guns? sounds like a positive thing to me :D Bring the noise!

4. DuVeL

DuVeL What's a Dremel?

I'm looking forward to it, seems it got posted to me yesterday so I'm keeping an eye on the mailbox...
    I also liked Oblivion and it's addons from the MODcommunity so I hope they'll do the same with Fallout 3.

@dmak, what do you mean with gamerscore via PCgames? Is this added with Fallout now?

5. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

I really can't wait for this one, roll on Friday!

6. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I have been waiting for this for a long time now. I never played the original 2 Fallouts but this looks like a heap of fun. Basically Oblivion mixed with Stalker.

You guys just made my decision a whole lot harder lol. Farcry 2 or Fallout 3??? hmmm.

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Cautious optimism Cheesecake!

Still waiting on my copy :(

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

To be honest, I still prefer Fallout 2 kind of. But I'm just like that.

9. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Yep, I'm sold on this one. I loved the prevoius Fallout games and I think this one sounds terific.
    Its a tricky thing to get right as to whether or not you rehash an old game for the modern audience (Doom 3, I'm looking at you here) or create something in the same style but just a bit different. Additionally and as much as I don't like to admit it, its a brave developer that doesn't create a game with one eye on the console market and I'm afraid that PC die hards are simply going to have to accept that consolification ( I think I made up a new word!) is a trend that will become common place. I don't mind as long as its not a lazy port or they have a slightly different version for the PC market.

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Sounds good, I may have to get the 360 version of this (there's no way my PC is capable of running it).

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I don't know why they dumb down the interface for consoles, Morrowind worked great on the Xbox.

12. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

"some will think this is just Oblivion with guns"

Personally, I think that sounds like a fabulous idea!

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i think i'll wait to see if any pc friendly mods do come out for it. im getting really ****ing sick of all this consolification.

14. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Good review ;)

I think I might just have to buy this one...

15. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

OooooOoo... what a wonderfull day!

Not because it's my b-day, but because finally, aftere YEARS waiting a sequel it's here! I really hope it's up to the fuss!

16. karx11erx

karx11erx What's a Dremel?

Two things:

#1 I don't know how it will be when playing the game, the graphics don't look too good on the screenshots. They look bland, dull, misty, grayish, lacking detail ...

#2 I am not a native English speaker, but shouldn't it spell "affect something" and not "effect something" when you want to express that something is influenced by ... errr ... something?

17. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

VATS is even worse than i thought it would be :(
    i didnt like the look of it from the videos but assumed i could just shoot manually instead and pretend it doesnt even exist
    but VATS is about 100x more effective than manual attacks :\
    so, hit/shoot guy in the face 20x or, use vats and kill him in one hit/shot
    just silly :(

18. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

It is Oblivion with guns, but I hated Oblivion and it's weak RPGness. Fallout 2 is still better. Now I just hope the FalloutMMO isn't a mess.

19. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

This is why I hate Bethesda, game should have been made the best it can be on PC not consoles, Bethesda started on PC and Fallout was a PC franchise, Despicable IMO.

20. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Damn really? I was hoping I'd be able to just max out my accuracy attribute and play it FPS styles, but I get really frustrated when I let off a few shots at the head and it's not instant death/significantly damaging. Hmph

Tags: Add Tags