1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Chiaroscuro by Nick Falzone

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Dec 2008.

1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Gorgeous as usual.

2. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

****, now I have to redesign my own mod since the bar keeps going higher!!!!

Simply amazing job, as usual very great attention to detail (as all good carpenters do), with flawless execution.

3. Primoz

Primoz What's a Dremel?

Only one word. Actually an abreviation - OMFG!!! As other said, MotY 08! I love it, really do!

4. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

wow , I hardly ever read every page of a work log, I'm usually more interested in how people achieved mounting etc... the small details but i saw ebony and I just got hooked on your amazing craftsmanship. Keep it up, your creating such beautiful things.

5. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Excellent work!

I love how the overall case is pretty minimalistic, but still have all these little details that make it interesting. It really does remind me of combine technology. :)

And I love well-made wooden cases.

Oh, and this is definitively a contender for MOTY 2008. :thumb:

6. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

Thank you very much everyone. Getting this mod done in 3 months was a crazy feat (not to mention it took up most of my summer) and to have it well received is always a great relief. Thanks again, I'm looking forward to MOTY this year :) .

StephenK likes this.
  7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

They should just send you the prizes now. You bagged it again.

I love every bit of this rig. The black/tan color scheme reminds me of a '30s era luxury car.
    The magnets were a clever fix. The only thing that could have topped it would be to add a 2nd set on a swing arm to keep them aligned. (Or is one already there and I missed that.)
    The inner cage/ lit wirewall is perfection, I may steal that idea someday.:D

Anyone know where to get ebony saplings?:hehe: Everything grows here, I think I'll go into tree farming.

8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Very nice work, greensabbath. Your attention to detail, along with all of your pre-planning, resulted in a very successful design.

Is it just me, or do I notice you opting to use more power tools than before?

-monkey

9. jvjh666

jvjh666 Stillnomodder

...that's no PC....it's art...: P

10. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Yep a computer in a piece of art. So called artists in the world could learn a lot from your work.

11. Torwald

Torwald What's a Dremel?

One of the best mods I've ever seen ! Congratulations man, You've done a great job ! :D

12. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

Thanks again everyone.

I was thinking about adding a swing arm like that but I couldn't figure out a way of doing it with the time I had left.

I'm using more power tools for a couple reasons. This case was the first wood project I did after coming back from Italy (so I was out of practice). Also, the joints and cuts for this case were much more attuned for machine work than hand work, as opposed to Yuugou where I designed the joints specifically to be done by hand. Also, I didn't really have enough time for hand tools with this case, since I was basically freaking out the entire time. For the next case though, I'm hoping to utilize hand cut dovetails.

And on that note, I also wanted to thank my parents and my girlfriend for putting up with my crap and helping me so much with these cases, especially this one.

13. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Impressive! :thumb:

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

QFT.

15. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Nick, it's great to finally see what the finished case looks like! lol (couldn't see much of it at NV, even in person, thanks to the lighting there. But I digress). Yes, we're going to have one helluva line-up for MOTY 2008! I'd wish you luck, but I doubt you will need it. ;-)

16. Zorndar

Zorndar What's a Dremel?

Awesome case, the lighting and wood work is stunning

17. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I still can't believe this lost at the NV event...

18. TomD22

TomD22 What's a Dremel?

That's stunning. The best case I've seen on bittech to date for sure. Though I do think one monolithic cube would have looked better than two stacked...it kind of smells like a design/lack of space compromise :p:

19. tominated

tominated What's a Dremel?

that is soooo incredibly awesome. it's beautiful

20. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

Another wonderfull mod, though on some of the close up images the paint job could have been better, some spots still had brown wood showing through, etc, otherwise nice job.

Tags: Add Tags