1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lian Li announces crazy PC-888

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 6 Jan 2009.

1. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Interesting how people say how they like this case because it's Lian Li when they would have flamed it if it would be manufactured by any other brand.

Functional or not, do not like.

2. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

How... Extravagant...

I don't like it. What happened to Lian Li's clean lines and subtle touches alongside awesome build quality?

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I might have liked the case if it had...
    • a different color scheme(Who the hell came up with that color? Who said white? Agreed.)
    • a different design (What's that box on top? Why not just stealth that as well? U-G-L-Y!)

Other than that I like it. The three 'area' design, the space it seems to offer. The way the HDDs are top-mounted in the lower area... All nice little touches. Will have to wait for the final review of course. ;)

4. Xenith

Xenith What's a Dremel?

It is interesting,
    but I don't really like it...

5. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

Jesus Christ that's horrifying. I'm surprised it doesn't have gold curtain rods with red drapes on that window. Utterly atrocious.

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Narp, don't like.

7. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

:lol: :hehe: :lol:

You never know... if there was one on every side you could at least hide the mess hrhr

8. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

Yeh. Love the nice simple old Lian Li pcv1000 style. :cooldude:

This thing is like sumthing thermaltake would make but lain li made it a high quality thamaltake design. :duh:

9. salesman

salesman Minimodder

I like it. I don't think I would buy it though.

10. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

bah. This is supposed to be a radical case, but all they really did was curve the front again, the rest of it is just the same old rectangle-with-a-window that 99% of casemakers sell. And what on earth is on the top?

LiLi has never shied away from making expensive things before, why not spend that little extra and have the case narrow towards the top like the real building? Had they done that, it might have looked acceptable. Now it's just... hideous.

As it is, it's a hybrid design from two things that should never have mixed. It reminds me of the South Park PETA-episode, with the duck-man-baby-atrocity begging: "kiiilll meee".

And the color! argh! LiLi has definately lost the plot here! Give us our sleek lines and sophistication back! :duh:

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just more proof that LiLi have been hiring Thermaltake's designers.

12. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

If Lian LI made it look any more like the hotel, then it would no longer be a computer case. They set out to create a case that features design elements from the hotel. In that regard, the have succeeded. I'm sure it was tempting to take it further, but I'm glad they didn't. That's a job best left to us modders! lol

I'm not sure what inspired that top I/O box with the antenna though. That would be the first thing to go if I were to get one.

13. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero What's a Dremel?

Ugh.

Looks like Lian-Li fired the designers that made the brand so succesfull and hired new ones that have the age of 12 and are still into making color drawings with crayons.
    If they keep going on like this where will all the good modders get their oh-so-beautiful blank canvasses from?

14. Psytek

Psytek What's a Dremel?

Gorgeous? lmao, you should stop drinking on the job.

15. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

A curious monstrosity. I dont want to know the price tag, and whats with the dial for that fan doing on the back of it? Thats a stupid place for it.

Other then that, its novelty. Kinda like the people that trick their cars out with spoilers and go the speed limit all the time, whats the point?

16. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Must be the same guy that designed the memorial case that looked like a commerical floor heater.. I'll pass

17. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Honestly not my favorite design in the world but its not necessarily all that ugly. I do love that they're taking chances (in addition to their usual simpler designs). Does anyone know what the hell that box/pole on the top of the box is? The case looks alright then at the top it just looks all kinds of strange.

On a side note... how hard is it for cases to have the same color throughout? Lian Li has done it a couple times on their cases but they're all just waaaaaaaaaaay too expensive.

18. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

I was talking about the material, not the design.

19. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

That's not the lian li, i prefer simplicity, from them at least if this was another company i'd like it.

20. AFX

AFX "Bling" Silver Mountain 2

Ick.

Tags: Add Tags