1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Best moments from Left4Dead

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jordan Wise, 27 Nov 2008.

1. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

The finales (no mercy at least) the timing becomes apparent for example the helo pilot comes on the radio with an eta and a tank spawns followed by a horde (good pipe bomb time). Apart from that the game play is varied, i've only played about 25 hours since it launched but only playing no mercy until my mate gets it and i'm still not bored of that one campaign.

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

It is varied throughout the game until you get to the finale i feel.

As bauul said, its horde tank horde tank rescue +horde+ late arrival tank.

Not much you can really do i guess as its the final level and your pretty much stationary while they come to attack you, its just the other special infected that get annoying dragging you off and pouncing on you ( when i mean annoying i mean it in the sense of OMG GET THIS GUY OFF A ME!)

Its a good game, i love the co-op aspect of it, you cant be jonney rambo less its on easy! Which is how all multiplayer is supposed to be like, a fun game to play in a team.

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

They could have done something like had four waves of enemies (as they do now), but vary them between either a horde or a tank, and the AI Director has the possibility of launching two at once, but then that's two normal waves and one uber wave. You could even end up with 1 horde and 3 tanks, or all hordes and no tanks. It'd just break it up a bit. It's lots of fun, but the finales do have (bizzarly) a totally linear structure compared to the rest of the game, which is so random.

4. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

5. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

6. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Mean..... How did you get to spawn?

7. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

They spawn, but Bill is a hot-head who races of down the stairs. Zoey and Francis don't notice, so they drop through the skylight.

Hunter on the roof pounces on Louis because his controller is still AFK (refilling drinks, taking a p*ss).

The 3 other survivors get that 'Sh*t! Dammit!' moment and race upstairs.

Hothead Bill is the first to arrive but a Smoker is waiting for him.

Zoey and Francis follow behind but nearing the top, a boomer barfs down the stairs - they are blind so they can't do much about the incoming horde, but they stumble to the top.

Hunters make merry. Survivors die.

NOM NOM NOM NOM.....

I've never managed to kill all 4 actually on the roof, but I've had a score along the lines of 1200 - 11. My shortest game can't have been more than a minute long. It's cool - providing you are on the right side.

8. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

yeah thats basically what happenned
    3 of them went down the stairs

i pounced the one left behind
    1 guy came back to try and save him
    he got pounced
    other 2 came back, got boomered
    one got smokered
    the guy i'd pounced died and i pounced the last guy
    was lol

they got 7 next round then all quit so we had to restart the lobby :p

9. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Last edited: 20 Dec 2008
  10. casey_cole

casey_cole Minimodder

Argh I am getting peed off with some people on this game - more at the higher difficulties than the lower ones... People generally being jerks, not playing for the team. you can't survive on expert if you don't play for the team...

add me casey_cole just say bit tech and I'll know it's good.

cheers cc

11. sorvas

sorvas What's a Dremel?

lol the tank! I love playin verses

12. harveypooka

harveypooka Fond of rumpots and crackpots

Every time I pounce as survivor as Hunter and I hear them scream (especially Francis) for their friends to help 'em.

The best bit is watching the remaining survivors limp across the map, wondering if they'll get there in time before their mate's innards are spilled across the floor!

MARVELOUS!