1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming C&C: Red Alert 3 Uprising Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 23 Jan 2009.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. R0bert

R0bert What's a Dremel?

Sweet :3
    I'm anxious to play iut!
    And from the description of the Grinder it kinda reminds me of the basic Yuri tank from the RA2: YR except the weapon's part.
    And I suppose that it's gonna be like the BF2 expansion packs, at least in Poland, you could buy them but only the package with CD-Key and how-to downloading guide.

Last edited: 23 Jan 2009
  3. biebiep

biebiep What's a Dremel?

Bouyancy comment made me lol hard.

4. Undercloacker

Undercloacker AirFlow

Read many lame review from users who say in the end its too "cartoony". i belive those people have no real interest in the game itself and have not spent many many hours playing RA1 with the expansions and RA2
    I loves all the RA
    I love the actual RA (Japanese F-T-W :p)
    And the real things i could critizice from the actual RA3 are the following:

No nukes :( (even though it goes with the story line hehe)
    No stealing tech from the other guys to combine units like in RA2
    Well one of the proper complaints was the there where not too many units, but now with the expansion its going to rock hehe
    And that its tending more and more to C&CGenerals but it keeps the RA basics so its cool :p

love it, Been playing since the release date and really looking foward for this expansion.
    hehe
    Anxious Too :)

5. biebiep

biebiep What's a Dremel?

RA 3 couldn't beat the experiences i had with RA 2=

But it's pretty damn close and it's now one of the only games that survives uninstallation sprees on my desktop, worthy of a quick skirmish for sum guaranteed RA fun.

6. DarkFear

DarkFear What's a Dremel?

I suspect a lot of people will not be buying it because of this. I know I won't. 4GB+ on a DSL circuit that gets ~40kbs combined with a 3GB cap? No thanks.

With that said, should they change their minds at a later date and do a retail copy, I'll be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake...

7. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

If they add this expansion into the original and sell it via retail as a 'complete or limited edition' then I will buy it.

I certainly wont be handing over any money through EA's online direct store. Never used Direct2Drive, but my preference would be for it to become available via Steam to be honest... but only if its cheaper than a retail store.

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

fantastic game, looking forward to this expansion.

D2D is okay, i bought Bioshock like that. download speed is great, and very fast, only problem is the lack of organisation software (like Steam). but i think you can always re-download if needed.

9. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

Omg WOW! They have a lot of stars from Hollywood in this game.

10. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

wait, so yuriko is essentially a female Akira?

11. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I think you mispelled Hollyoaks DorkSterr. :p

The Yuriko missions remind me of a lot of the custom scenarios for AoK (actuallly SWGB but I imagine they'll be pretty similar) the vast majority of which are RPG based and a lot of fun. I even made one myself when you play as a jedi and control force powers.

12. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon What's a Dremel?

Great... another nail in Red Alert's coffin. I was hoping EA would have gone back to the RA2 days. RA3 just seems so... flaky. Oh well...

13. exavier412

exavier412 What's a Dremel?

The one thing I miss about having a mac is not being able to play Red Alert. Does anyone know if this game will play on one of the new macbooks with the 9400m?

14. Xir

Xir Modder

The web is full of people having problems with mouse-lag and input timeouts in RA3.
    Just like EA to concentrate on an expansion...instead of a much needed patch :-(

15. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I never cease to be baffled by people's love for Red Alert 3. I consider it to be among the worst games I've ever played. Obviously all games are a matter of taste, but I'd love to know why some people like it, honestly I was just repelled by it on pretty much every level from the graphics to the cut scenes to the game play to the control interface and story. If somebody could explain the appeal I will reward with an cookie.

16. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Weird, I just started to play RA3 again yesterday but then some rusian general decided to attack his own (me) and I was obliterated by the enemy and my own traitor general (never trust a man with mustache unless he is called Magnum)

:(

17. Headspark

Headspark Minimodder

I Cant wait... been very into the game since it was released.
    Loving the communiy based content, hopefully with the SDK soon to be relased we will see the new units in someones mod or map for online play. we ar http://maps.ra3.co.uk are looking forward to having some fun!!

http://www.ra3.co.uk

Tags: Add Tags