1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Cadbury Eyebrows

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkLord7854, 27 Jan 2009.

1. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

Pure awesomeness.

The balloon solo!! where the f did that come from! awesome.

2. quack

quack Minimodder

Creepy.

3. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Kinda one of those ads that makes me go 'huh?!' And completely miss whatever they're trying to sell. Kinda like the Dancing Brains.

4. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

What the hell... That's disturbing.

Also you guys have way too long commercials! I would already have changed the channel three times by the end of those two.

Liked the Snickers one though.

5. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

I now have an urge to shave off my eyebrows. lucky for me, I remember how much of a bad idea that was last time.

6. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

And balloon summoning powers too it would seem :eyebrow:

7. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Bang on.

However, I'm a fan of the eyebrows one. Mostly because I can just about do that (up to 0:35, where it goes properly insane).
    Not to mention the music is cool :grr:

I still don't eat normal Cadbury's Dairy Milk though. Caramel is the only one for me ;)

That is also an incredible advert.

As is the Snickers one posted above. Though I'd never touch a Snickers. Nor would I ridiculous bottled water.

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

The Brains advert is magnificent.
    A lot of people look at the Cadbury's ads and say "what was the point of that?" The strategy is simply to show you something awesome. That's all, that's why they're so wonderful. It's an appeal to your inner child (so if you didn't like the gorilla one, your inner child is dead :D)

This is one of the best ads so far this year:

The really epic thing is that they actually did it - because of CGI we're used to seeing just about anything on TV now (a man made of chocolate doesn't make us blink) but this, you know they actually had a hundred people dancing their asses off in Liverpool Street.
    (Like the 'Empty London' scene in 28 Days Later, too)

9. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Marketign types = surf the internet for somthing "different" "cool" "hip" etc. and use it for their own ends murdering it and therefore stopping it from being "different" "cool" "hip" as every bloody man and his dog then goes on and on and on and on about how "different" "cool" "hip" it was!
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR. f*#ing hated that blooming gorilla advert and T-mobs flash mob.

10. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

I can do that with my eyebrows :) It really creeps out some friends...

11. identikit

identikit Minimodder

I hate that T-mobile advert too. Also the stupid orange juice one that copied OK Go on treadmills.

12. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I wish they'd show the Wispa ad on the telly :sigh:

The best one, although it was pulled, of recent times was for the xbox360 and people pretending to blow each other up.

Pyow, pyow!

Not sure on these Cadbury ones. They're memorable, but perhaps a bit too far off the beaten track. They're not making me want to stuff myself silly with Dairy Milk chocolate.

More a teaspoon than a glass and a half?

13. Charel

Charel What's a Dremel?

That poor little girl looks like Andrew Lloyd Webber.

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Love the Cadbury's adverts --all of them (although the gorilla and eyebrows are my favorites).

Also love the Brains one (Better when hydrated...) and the T-Mobile one. I think the Vitamin C threadmill one ("You, on a good day") is really good as well.

15. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Not enough to know it's for Berocca not Vit C though ;) [I can't survive without my Berocca].

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Isn't that the same thing?

EDIT: Ah, it is a multi-vitamin thing.

17. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I think the problem people have with that is it's a poor and blatant rip off

18. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I think you're losing your sense of perspective if you hate amusing ads for stealing their comedic material. Adverts are always going to be on TV, and they're 99% patronising, brain-melting tripe. You should be grateful: if it's a choice between an amusing, slgihtly contrived and less-than-original humour ad, or this...?

It's an easy decision for me. I appreciate any light-hearted attempt to deviate from that, even if it does mean ripping off some ****ty band (I joke, I like that music video too ;))

19. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

The whole point of the cadburys adverts isn't to make you run out and buy cadburys, it's just to keep the brand name in your mind. Then, next time you're standing infront of the chocolate stand at the local newsagent, you're going to be reminded of dairy milk and will choose that one over a different brand. Notice how the girl's dress is exactly the same shade of colour (the only real colour in the advert, apart from the balloon) as the dairy milk wrapper. It's quite subliminal, but you'd be amazed how quickly dairy milk sales shot up following the gorilla advert, and they're still riding high now. The adverts are just keeping the brandname in the public eye. Hell, this thread is living proof of that.

20. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I think all these are crap.