1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA confirms Mass Effect 2 for 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Feb 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Soooo happy about Mass Effect 2 - even though we knew it was coming, it's good to get confirmation. I wonder if there's going to be any more DLC for the original in the meantime?

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

2010? that's like, too long :(
    it's a trilogy - so the concluding chapter's gonna be something insane like 2013.

4. reflux

reflux What's a Dremel?

....and where the hell is the new Battlefield game for PCs?!??

5. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Three years between titles isn't too bad. At least the games worth waiting for unlike other trilogies.

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

So, realistically we're looking at a summer of 2010 release?

*twiddles thumbs*
    (Can someone come to dust me off as I wait? I'll put you on a retainer).

7. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

great news! I just hope that they sort the inventory and menu system out for the PC version, I guess it works well on a console but it really was hard work on a PC

8. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

No word on a new Army of Two game? :(

9. HitmanAdski

HitmanAdski What's a Dremel?

EXACTLY... It wasn't too long ago that I heard Bad company was coming out as console exclusive and an interview here on bit-tech.net said that they still had the traditional Battlefield plans for the PC and neither Heroes or Bad company was it... but I'm losing faith and wondering if there is going to be another one like they did before... you know for hardcore games that got them where they are today... good thing Activision knows when a franchise is making money, fans and awards and pumps COD out like there is nothing else out there for us to play... and hey you know what it sells really well.

10. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

I loved Mass Effect, can't wait for the sequel!

11. bowman

bowman Minimodder

It's never gonna exist. They can make a halfassed, short, boring console game for much less time and money (BC) and sell it for more. So why should they bother?

The audience sets the bar for the games, and the bar has been placed very low. I guess they know they can't fork this bad company crap on the PC.

12. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

I wish they would release a SDK/Editor for mass effect as their DLC still isnt on the 2nd episode yet!

13. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

totally agree. It's a shame, i cut my multiplayer FPS teeth on Battlefield 2, loved it to pieces

14. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

I would've thought Battlefield: Bad Company was what EA's postponed publishing thingy was going to be about, not Mass Effect or have I been misguided by other gaming medialists? Well, doesn't matter too much really.

Great news none the less, just hope they manage to give us at least some additional content in between, would be sa-weet!

Last edited: 4 Feb 2009
  15. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

No battlefield 3 for the PC then... despite how much $$/££ they have made from BF2, 1942 and 2142 (put it this way.. it's magnitudes bigger than a lot of their recent console releases)

A shareholder or top analyst on the quarterly earnings call needs to ask EA why not. I seriously have to question the management decisions being made by EA. No wonder they have just announced a record loss and are cutting 1100 Jobs today.

I wont be buying Bad Company 2. The 1st was mediocre despite glowing reviews. Worthy of renting only in my opinion.

16. WildTangent

WildTangent What's a Dremel?

Ughh... still no real successor to BF2 I see... I'm very disappointed. The longer they make us wait, the higher our expectations will be when they finally release one. They're only making it harder for themselves this way.

17. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Awesome, played the first one a lot so can't wait for this. In fact I think I might start playing it again... always wanted to get all the achievements :) Which reminds me I need to grab the Ascension book as well!

18. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

it will come out with duke nukem forever....

Tags: Add Tags