1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Provisional license and a 50cc

Discussion in 'General' started by Ren, 21 Feb 2009.

1. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

I did my CBT over two days because I did it in December so it got dark, It certainly is possible to do it in one day though.

The main reason I went for DAS is that I don't fit on 125 bikes, I'm 6'5" and my knees get in the way. I found the Honda CB125 really really unpleasant to ride, as soon as I got on the 500 I was sold, It was so much more comfortable and easy to handle that my riding actually improved dramatically just from that.

I'll let you know how things went this evening...

Moriquendi

2. Shuriken

Shuriken same christmas AV for a whole year

I know how you feel, I'm 6'4, but I wanted a bike of my own between CBT and test anyway so I bought a Suzuki GN125, not a particularly big bike, but the upright riding position means its ok. Plus its got a really comfortable seat, so I can sit between the main and pillion seats to get a little bit extra leg room.
    I took my gf out on it the other day for the first time though, and even then my legs didn't hit any thing, I'd recommend it to anyone tall looking for a 125.

3. RTT

RTT #parp

Good luck :cooldude: I did 1/2 of my CBT over the weekend just gone, finishing it ASAP, then onto lessons/DAS :baby:

4. Shuriken

Are either of you having to do the new 2 part test? I was lucky as where I live the nearest place to do the new test is about 2.5 hours away, so they extended the old test til March.

Not that the new test looks much, if any harder, just more hassle.

5. RTT

RTT #parp

The new test was delayed again until April the 27th, so I'm hoping to do my test before then. Although, if I don't, it's hardly a bad thing to be tested to a higher standard with the new bits they're bringing in.

The instructors at the place I'm learning were saying it'll most likely be delayed again though. It was meant to be introduced September last year!

6. Moriquendi

Thanks everybody, I passed :rock: :D (why is there no smily with a bigger grin than that??)

I was convinced Id failed but as it turned out I only got two faults, one on steering and one for lane positioning on a left turn, I'm chuffed to bits :D

Decided not to go and collect my bike this evening as I'm wiped out and its rush hour here at the moment, cant wait till tomorrow though :D

Moriquendi

7. Shuriken

Nicely done my friend! Although I'm not happy you beat my 3 minor faults :p (just kidding)

We should get a bit-tech biker thread going (if there isn't already one, I haven't bothered to search)

Congratulations again!

Edit: I've just realised we've completely hi-jacked this thread, win!

8. RTT

RTT #parp

Congrats :) What bike have you bought?

Agreed. /starts

9. Moriquendi

Thanks, I'm still feeling very :D:D atm...

I've got a BMW R850R, 1999 model (the left hand pic) in deep, metallic blue. Bit of a steal I reckon seeing as I got a pair of panniers and a top box with it ('bout £900 separately) and it's only done 18,000 miles, paid £2700 for it. I'll post pics when I pick it up tomorrow, might start a "show us your bike" thread if RTT hasn't already started a Bit-Tech Bikers thread.

If you're hoping to get in before the new test it's probably worth getting a move on, there'll be a rush as the date approaches of people trying to get in before it so things will be busy for both trainers and test dates. There was a rush before the first date and the a lull when they postponed it according to my trainer and I would expect the same again even if they end up postponing it again (as they probably will, they've not built enough of the new test centres yet).

Moriquendi

10. RTT

RTT #parp

Cool. Lovely bikes, and the BMW boxer engines go forever.

I'm just writing a big motorbike thread, so hang tight :)

11. Moriquendi

That was one of the big attractions for me along with the riding position and build quality in general.

Moriquendi

12. Ren

Ren What's a Dremel?

Conglaturations on your pass ;)
    Nice thread RTT made and the idea about Show us Your Bike is nice too :p