1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: PrometheusCU - Update #54 - May 28 2010 - Video Teaser

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Langer, 18 Jul 2008.

1. yeknom

yeknom What's a Dremel?

RRR is insane......

Those Deltas are poised to attack your lonely fingers! Beware!

Also, I don't really know if those Deltas are worth it without some TEC powah! More heatload for the Delta+rad combo! :D

2. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Lol even more so now Craig...
    I swapped out the 151CFM models in my Sidewinders order to the 240CFM Deltas instead... I figure "in for a penny" and all that.

3. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

You're gonna have to have an incredibly loud system or some good noise canceling headphones.

Or you got some secret way of making those aircraft engines quiet?

4. murtoz

murtoz Busy procrastinating

Are you aware of the T-Balancer Big-NG? To my mind the ultimate of fan controllers. Comes with temp sensors, has lots of options (flow meters, etc), connects to the pc via usb, and gives you full control of the fan speed curve through software. Only 4 channels (= fans) by default but I believe you can add the miniNG to get additional fans (& temp sensors?) on there.
    I remember reading somewhere you can even use the software to create some kind of disco lighting effect if you have led fans (although that's too garish for my liking).

The only thing you would be missing is the little front panel dials to control your fan speed (but you don't need these as the fan speed would simply respond to the temperature in your system).

Have a look

5. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Thabks for the heads up murtoz, I do lnow about the big ng.

Considering that these fans can draw up to 48watts each the big-ng is no good. the fans in this case are for the most part being controlled by my custom built control software.
    The PICO will then take the reigns and control everything from lights to pumps in an auytomated way.

This fan controller is going to control the small 40mm fans and 2-3 of the deltas.

My rad fans are o be automated.

6. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

@murtoz. Jesse will be using Aqua Computer Aquaero hardware and a Via Pico-ITX for total system control. He's even going to use custom software. Stick around for future awesomeness...

Edit: Jesse already responded... Damn my slow typing.

Double Edit: So, Jesse, no more Aquaero?

7. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

The Aquaero will be in use (it's one of the things that the Pico will be in command of) but I don't believe it can handle the wattages needed by these fans so...
    A- I don't use the Aquaero to control RAD fans
    B- I make a circuit to 'ramp-up' the Aquaero's wattage for the Deltas.

Last edited: 13 Mar 2009
  8. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

hahaha a computer controlled cooling system for your computer! epic!

9. Htr-Labs

Htr-Labs What's a Dremel?

-

Last edited: 19 Dec 2016
  10. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I am back and you'd be proud. I recently ordered myself a pair of Grado GS1000's... they haven't arrived yet but I've been busy making some grade A interconnects (furutech plugs and solid silver wire) and a decent portable amp to drive them (ZenHead amp kit). They'll get a recabling to match as soon as they arrive just about =), I need them to have dual XLRs for my desktop amp.

11. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

i still have no idea what the dual XLRs is
    but would This be the desktop amp that you were referring to?
    i love reading this mod!!!!

12. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

Ah, got it. Thanks for the clarification!

13. pksjaveed

pksjaveed Nmodz: modding the world

hey langer nice to see you back!!! i have a question: How many layers of 12k 2x2 twill do you think is suffice enough to make a case that's relatively not going to be moved around a lot?

14. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

@pksjaveed - If you want rigidity to your panels 1mm or about 2layers should suffice. For example the panels I gave to John for his H20c7 project are 3 layers @ 1.48mm. They are considered to be an "ultra rigid' configuration.

@Hedow - haha. XLRs are a type of audio connector. They are used in 'balanced' systems for my application, but more commonly used for things like mics in concert audio applications. My desktop stereo amplifier is essentially two mono amps strapped together. You need to plug your headphones into two separate ports one for L channel and one for R. It delivers truely balanced signals to head side - much nicer for listening. That KenHead you linked from Decware is the portable amplifier that I ordered, it's a great unit with unparalleled soundstage - and it's under 200$ if you order the DIY solder it yourself kit.

15. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

They are too! The friends cannot believe stiffness. We been discussing the merits of hole cutting. Really structural pieces, especially at the size of H2O-C7.

John

16. pksjaveed

pksjaveed Nmodz: modding the world

but at the size of lets say the promethues do you think it would maintain a rigidness , or would start flexing a little

17. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

It flexes. The 48" panel i cut Johns stuff from can bent about 3/4 of the way into a full cylinder.

There are so many millions of variables... ever piece of carbon can be manufactured from step 1 to be specifically tailored for a specific application.

If you can dream it someone can build it (and that someone is probally in China).

18. murtoz

murtoz Busy procrastinating

Ah, makes sense. Should've thought a bit further than my nose is long (that's a dutchism if I ever heard one!)

Either way, glad you are back, and can't wait for future awesomeness!

19. Snuffles

Snuffles Dreamy Mammoth

JESUS this thread is a long read. Had to slap my legs awake 5 times.

- Beautiful work and love the CU.

- Sorry about your Grand Dad.

20. Jozo

Jozo This is bit-tech

Considering all those deltas and that CFM Prometheus could become an aircraft (hovercraft?)

Could you control deltas with PWM? That could solve the problem of juicing up aquaeros outputs