1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: Children of Atom - Minor update

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by -SilentNight-, 24 Mar 2009.

1. -SilentNight-

-SilentNight- Hardcore pro gamer

[​IMG]

Welcome to watch another project from me. Children Of Atom

This project will be "quick" mod like all others. Im building case for my htpc computer now.

Components what ill use shall be:

Intel D945GCLF2 - Dual core Intel Atom 1.6ghz
    [​IMG]

As you can see there is that small nasty and noisy fan top of northbridge, but CPU is passive. But we are gonna fix that also by using some MacGyverism and two of these beatyes to cool both CPU and NB.

[​IMG]

HDD will be taken from my Lacie USB drives (2x 3.5" 500gb), i will try to open those by tonight.

So case will be to parted up and down. Atom will come to upper side and HDDs under of mobo.
    Cooling will be made by those Zalmans and 60 or 80mm low noise fan ( i prefer something like 10db). Case cover will be made of this A.C. Ryan MeshX panel

[​IMG]
    Yeah its quite thin by holes but its purrfect for my next part :naughty:

Ill paint this logo top of that case to meshX panel.

[​IMG]

Ill try fix those sketch by tonight for you, my image hosting server is down atm.

Last edited: 30 Mar 2009
  2. -SilentNight-

So first minor update i got plans done.

And i got first problem up a head. How i can cut that yellow piece to smaller? I downloaded that mesh piece from internet, btw thanks to Ouija :)

[​IMG]

Here is side picture. Here you can see that is cooled by 2x 80mm fan, one is on left side wich gets cool air into case. Another 80mm is in power wich gets hot air out from case.

[​IMG]

And here is another picture from different angle.

[​IMG]

Can someone help me to teach how i can cut those overpieces away.

3. hendi5689

hendi5689 What's a Dremel?

If you're talking about the pieces that go over the top then you could use a dremel. That'd be the best bet.

4. -SilentNight-

I mean at program :D ( Google Sketchup)

5. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

YES!!!

I've been waiting for a Fallout 3 inspired mod ever since I first played it that night in October.

:thumb:

6. -SilentNight-

But if someone has some wicked ideas about casing or how to mod it more please, you know what to do!

7. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

You can just draw a line on a panel where you want to "cut" it, then just select and delete the unwanted area. :)

8. -SilentNight-

Look this beaty<3

[​IMG]

Im just installing Windows Home Server for atom. I will test that mobo works fine and then ill swap that Zalman to NB.

I did some beta sketches about new model to case
    Pic1 - Here you can see it from front. I hided that front plexi so don't worry it will be there.
    Pic2- Here is case from back. As you can see i'v planned to mount HDD's behind mobo.
    Pic3 - Here you can see where hot air comes out. From psu and that 80mm fan.

Please say your opinnions about case model thank you!

Last edited: 30 Mar 2009
  9. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli I get by fine with a jig-saw.

I have done the heatsink swap on my Atom board too, just bear in mind that you have to have the heatsink on an ugly angle unless you are prepared to bend the CPU heatsink. I bent my CPU heatsink into a fan style in order to accommodate the Zalman. I would post pics, but my camera is far away. I will have a look to see if I have another camera around somewhere.

Laz