1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official Bit-Tech F1 2009 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 18 Nov 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I got that impression also, but I also think that is seeming to be the general tone of all of the BBC's coverage. Part of me wonders if I could put up with the adverts once again in order to get a more balanced view.

2. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

Wash your mouth out with soap:p I think it just the BBC's way of trying not offend anybody, given the potential global audience of their F1 program. Which of these sessions are meant to be low fuel?

3. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

It's awesome :) Watching it on Iplayer in HQ at the moment, working very well today.

4. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Q1 and Q2 are absolute fastest so running on fumes, Q3 is race fuel.

Gutted for Webber again, the Red Bull is very quick as Vettel has just proven but he's having as bad luck as ever :blah:

5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Toyota 1-2, Vettel and Button on the second row...should be a great race from that alone.

6. Turbotab

Need those fuel figures..Does anybody else think it is counter-intuitive to run with race fuel in Q3, I'd prefer the last session to an all out test of speed.

7. naokaji

naokaji whatever

qualifying results
    1 Trulli
    2 Glock
    3 Vettel
    4 Button
    5 Hamilton
    6 Barrichello
    7 Alonso
    8 Massa
    9 Rosberg
    10 Raikkonen
    11 Kovalainen
    12 Nakajima
    13 Kubica
    14 Heidfeld
    15 Piquet Jr
    16 Sutil
    17 Buemi
    18 Fisichella
    19 Webber
    20 Bourdais

8. Sifter3000

Absolutely. Nice to see Hamilton back in the mix too. Vettel vs Button vs Hamilton for the title?

9. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

I think that's optimistic, I will reserve judgement on Mclaren's pace after the updates most teams are bringing to Barcelona. The outcome of the WMSC hearing could be decisive also!

10. Sifter3000

Indeed; the cynic in me, however, thinks that while the FIA might be up for punishing McLaren, they're far less keen on punishing Lewis - well aware that he's a big box office draw in terms of sponsors and viewers.

Be interesting to see whether Hamilton ran light to get to 5th on the grid, and what he can do from there. One thing we've seen from previous races is that while the McLaren's aero is a bit crap, its KERS system is arguably the best out there, and that should help at circuit like Bahrain.

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

No. I think it's brilliant, because the qualifying tests both outright running-on-fumes speed and pace with fuel - reflecting both types of racing on Sunday, and rewarding the fastest.

Good to see Toyota at the front. Hopefully they'll stay there this weekend, Toyota deserve a win imo, and securing their future in F1 wouldn't be a bad thing at all tbh.

12. Turbotab

If the Toyota is still competitive, fuel adjusted, I think Glock is the more likely of the two to take their first team win, Trulli is so inconsistent during the race, though I'd like him to win, he seems like a good guy.
    Of course, as a Ferrari fan, deep down I will never support Glock, which I know is completely irrational and unwarranted.

13. naokaji

naokaji whatever

If Trulli gets the first few laps right and Glock keeps the traffic away Trulli should be able to pull away far enough to allow for some screw ups later on without loosing positions.

14. Turbotab

Is Toyota running KERS?, if they are it could be difficult for RB & Brawn to overtake.

15. stuartpengs

stuartpengs *waits*

Anyone got the starting weights yet? I'm itching to know if those Toyotas are running light.;)

16. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

Nice seeing Toyota on pole, another twist in so far a very interesting season.

I don't suppose we'll be seeing a Trulli Train tommorow? That always amuses me.

17. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

Nope. Not as far as I'm aware at least.

18. stuartpengs

stuartpengs *waits*

Correct, they aren't.

Interestingly, has anyone seen the weather forecast for tomorrow? Another storm, only this time a sandstorm. Should be erm...interesting.

19. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

I would guess Brawns going heavy since Button mentioned about good pace they had on Friday practice with high fuel loads.

20. Turbotab

Ah, I imagine that the track will lose a fair amount of grip, conditions that the well-balanced Red Bull and Vettel excel in, should be a good race. Lewis and his KERS car should provide some overtaking action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.