1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lian Li X1000 case seems almost perfect

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. TomH

TomH BELTALOWDA!

Very, very nice. :)

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

That thing is absolutely massive, what do you need all that space for?

4. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I haven't read anything about the X1000. What kind of watercooling potential does it have, and is the X2000 any better suited?

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I really like tall cases. Some of the current 'high end large' cases get cramped when they're full of kit. The more room to play, the better IMO. :D

6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

A big case will also have better airflow because they're less cluttered. Either that, or there's loads of room for watercooling kit :D

7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

How about room for mount at least one triple rad? I have to admit, it looks very tempting. I will definitely be doing a lot of research when we get some reviews out.

8. TGImages

TGImages Grandpa

I have to agree. In days past I had giant cases so I could put all sorts of stuff in them but never came close to utilizing that space. Many open slots and bays that never got used. For the last few years I've preferred something that will hold a handful of drives, 4 including optical usually being more than enough for me. As long as the case is also easy to work on and has decent cooling you've pretty much met my requirements.

For someone who wants to cram in a bunch of drives and cards I can see where this would be a useful case but when most of it sits empty..... well......

9. I-E-D

I-E-D Minimodder

Sexy, wouldn't mind finding out the cost of one of these.

10. knyghtryda

knyghtryda What's a Dremel?

Im seeing quite a bit of room... but still no way of conveniently mounting a triple radiator. I took a jigsaw to my current case for that to fit, but I sure as hell dont want to cut this beautiful case.

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya Im growing out of the server size and larger cases, I try to stick around a mid tower range to a smaller full tower size.

12. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Eh, after a mate had his nice, light, small uATX system stolen when his flat got broken in to... I want big, heavy, back-breaking cases that no quick-on-his-feet burglar is gonna be able to tuck under and arm and run with. :D

13. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

lol.... my tower is a massive server one, but it has wheels so they could sit on it and push it down the street to their van if they wanted...i just like more space, so then it can be made to look nicer and allow for a slightly greater build up of heat that one might be punished for in a smaller case. plus i have 6hdd's and not all smaller cases accomodate that! love the look of this lian li though, if i can find some money again in the economic depression, i'd turn those front fans around, stick a 360rad in there and have me a wc setup, then it'd be front heavy :p

peace

fatman

14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm starting to get more and more fond of large cases.

If only because I'm sick of working in the cages they call the Antec 300 and the CM690...

15. Sublym3

Sublym3 What's a Dremel?

Although it is pre production, the addition of tool-less optical bays and expansion slots are good. But in general it looks worse than the X-2000 imho.

Should remove the 2 SSD bays they just look out of place, and should the internal layout back to how it was with the X-2000. Do we know if they are going to put hot swap HDD cage in this one?

16. naokaji

naokaji whatever

I don't like the position of the SSD mounts, I'm sure they put them where they are so you can easily show off your bank account breaking ssds to your friends, but I bet most people don't have any friends (or even enemies) that would recognize a SSD as such, so they could have just integrated the SSD mounting in to the regular HDD mounting.

17. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

Tags: Add Tags