1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Overclockers.co.uk customer "service"

Discussion in 'General' started by RubberSideUp, 24 Jun 2009.

1. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I was Zoon there as well, and admined on Tekheads forums. In a little under two years I had a cumulative total of around 42,000 posts :jawdrop:

2. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Get it free if you sign up to AVForums I think it is, I got it free a while back after joining because I was a CS player.

Scans prices are perhaps a little more than OcuK but when I ordered my current PC and got it all together and it wouldnt work (I knew no one close with a similar system to mine at the time) and had no way to test which components weren't working, so I phoned Scan they arranged a courier to pick up all my delivery for me the next day, they tested all the gear and replaced the faulty parts and I had it all back within 4 days.

Now I won't order off anyone else.

3. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

Agree with the OcUK comments... shocking service. They fluffed my 1st order, and ended up with me getting sworn at on the phone:jawdrop:. Overall, 12 weeks to get a refund.

Surprised at the comments with MicroDirect though, never had a problem, and spent *Literally* Thousands there. I have RMA'd stuff (Asrock mobo, HD, RAM, all DOA in seperate orders), and it's been silky smooth... exchanged at their expense.

just goes to show...

Best Customer service ever though, is chilledPC.co.uk

Walked a WC n00b (me at the time) through setting up a preformance system on MSN!
    What more could you ask for?

4. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

I've had issues with products bought from both OcUK and Novatech.
    Novatech bent over backwards to resolve the issue while OcUK were a pain.

I RMAd some ram and a mobo, OcUK returned the mobo stating it was fine and then replaced the ram as if failed memtest. As I was still having issues with the system OcUK asked me to return the CPU to test. A week later they returned it saying it was fine......only the courier left my 5 month old q6600 on the doorstep unsigned for. Needless to say it went walkies. After 4 days of chasing them for a replacement they sent it out TO THE WRONG ADDRESS! (the address on the original order, I had since moved and updated by OcUK account and explained this in my RMA request - Apparently they have no access to check what address info is set up on their accounts, they can only go by what was on the original order form). Almost a week later I got a replacement CPU.
    Then 2 weeks after that I found out the cause of my flakey system, the motherboard. It went to heaven, never to return. As it was older than 30 days OcUK wont provide RMA for it so I tried MSI (the manufacturer) to be told there was a handling charge! In the end I just bought a new mobo from ebuyer and had done with it. I'll never get another product from OcUK ever again, nor MSI due to the "handling fee".

5. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

Well, you go with what works right? I don't see OCuk going out of business anytime soon because they have a lack of repeat custom.

I've been using OCuk for years (as well as Scan, Ebuyer, Amazon and some local guys) and I haven't been able to find fault with OCuk. Always been helpful on the phone and responsive by email.

6. slinger

slinger Minimodder

I got banned from the OCUK forums for asking a legitimate question about a product I was interested in purchasing a few years ago. Vowed I would never ever buy anything from there and I haven't, they could be £100 cheaper on a graphics card and I still wouldn't use them.

7. francois

francois What's a Dremel?

I agree - there doesn't seem to be anywhere I can really think of selling good quality high end hardware round here , Web Systems is the best place I can think of and I'm not under the impression their stock is that great.

As for OCUK , an incident a couple of years ago in which some rather xenophobic comments were posted on their forums by some of the staff there has put me off them.Shocking behaviour , what I've heard about their CS here doesn't exactly help matters either.It's a bit of a shame really becuase they seem to stock some quite decent stuff there but I'm not keen on dealing with a company who doesn't adopt a professional attitude.

8. Boogle

Boogle What's a Dremel?

I've never had any big problems with OcUK, but haven't bought anything from them since the new site went up. Just to check postage costs you have to make an account - and to make an account you have to give them your card details which are stored on their DB. Given their history with their tech, I asked on the forum how secure the details were - you can prolly guess the quality of the answer. I would almost bet money it's plain text on a database that's borderline publically accessible.

Ebuyer on the other hand have been amazing, best retailer I deal with. They used to be quite diabolical but in the last couple of years they've become outstanding. I had a motherboard die 11 months after purchase and they replaced it - paying for shipping themselves. I buy most stuff from them now, with the rest from smaller niche stores like Tekheads, Overclock.co.uk (lovely CS there too) and Watercooling UK. Some stuff from Scan too, their CS has also improved a lot (to me) over the last couple of years. I think they got too big too fast at one point and their service fell for a while.

9. Rafe Zetter

Rafe Zetter What's a Dremel?

Fighting with OCUK at the moment...

Joined this forum just to spread the love, not, about OCUK.

I too had purchased things from them over a 5 year period without incident...but

Going through my first RMA with them and...... total BS.

Contacted them re a HD6850R card said it was faulty, regular CTD, problems rendering dx11, and regular "the display driver...blah blah" even on desktop. They claimed all problems relating to the card can be fixed with registry tweaks, drivers. I said any card that has to be "tweaked" in the registry to make it stable is broken, and I had tried 4 different catalyst drivers (yes doing the full uninstall, safe mode, driver cleaner etc EVERY time) and that I've never had to do this with any other card I've owned since voodoo2 in 1998.

If it doesn't work out of the box flawlessly for HOURS n HOURS n HOURS n days without any regular (to mean any gaming period would require several reboots) problems, then the card has an issue.

So I get a reply saying I'll be getting a refund and return it. I did; next day, signed for £500 insurance.

I get another email yesterday saying they have tested it and are returning it.

So here's where we are....thanks to the posts here I've webnoted them back, quoting them "we will refund you" and then "we've tested it and returned it", and also a few choice quotes regarding their service. I've told them I'll be refusing to accept delivery, and any further tricks like "pretending to send it to the wrong address" etc will be met with a complaint to trading standards, something I'm sure they would wish to avoid becoming a regular thing.

SO I've reiterated that a refund email was sent 5 days ago and that the offer had not been changed, altered or rescinded, so as far as I was concerned it was still valid and I wanted them to honor it, and I wanted a refund on the postage too.

On a good guys note - I've ordered 2 full pc builds plus numerous additionals from novatech over 5 years - and a replacement for the card i'm trying to return. Never had an issue with them so far (not had to return anything yet either mind you) but I'm confident I'd have more luck than OCUK. I'm not even sure why I used OCUK over novatech, but be sure I won't be using them again. ever.