1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice $3400 Final build list - Please Review & Approve before I purchase! (purchased)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Whitesky, 28 Jul 2009.

1. JohnDribble

JohnDribble What's a Dremel?

Care to elaborate on that? :D

But all right then seems like what you do will actually utilise your parts..

2. Whitesky

Whitesky Minimodder

lol yea trust me I have 3Gb now and a GT8500 and can barely run high-end video encoding and 3D apps. I usually have more than a dozen high-end apps running at once.

If you guys want check out this full Flash site I built recently for a big customer:
    http://divineknightsclan.com

I can only imagine what I'll be able to produce with a new i7 rig.

BTW on a side note, has anyone here built a rig like this one, for around the same money? Just curious..

3. trig

trig god's little mistake

i remember the last time i built a $2500+ rig for a customer...just last year if i remember correctly....and this thing would spank it like a red-headed step child.

2x275's would run anything you throw at it for the forseable future. your rez is actually a little on the low side...meaning 1900x1200 would put a decent amount more strain on the gpu, so you are good there. as mentioned before i doubt the prices will drop all that much. if everything that has been leaked about dx11 is true, the new cards will blow the current generation away in much the same way as the 8800 gtx destroyed the x1950xtx way back when (and if you remember correctly, prices didn't exactly plummet on those gpu's either). anyway, if you would please pm me your address after you get the pc i will happily steal it from you ... i mean... send you heart-felt congrats on your awesome rig...j/k

4. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

Speakers...

You're spending close to $3k on a kick-@$$ rig and you're going to have the sound coming from some crappy $14 2.0 channel speakers...

Sound plays a massive part in most games, at the very least get 2.1 channel (with a sub) or ideally go for 5.1 surround...

5. koksy

koksy What's a Dremel?

Exactly what I thought when I read through the list.

6. Whitesky

Whitesky Minimodder

lol Yea I know, but I'm more of a headphones person anyways. Speakers are just for when I have company over.

There's some nice 5.1 gaming headphones I've seen but that's gonna have to come later.. I went into this project thinking I was gonna spend only 2k :waah:

7. Whitesky

Whitesky Minimodder

Purchased and received all items, currently prepping and researching for the build.

I've seen a lot of fairly high priced build threads going up lately for help, so I figured maybe some people could get help from this thread as well.

Also, I've updated the list with ALL final items, so if you're interested check the final specs! :-D

8. SwiftDestiny101

SwiftDestiny101 Has a wire neatness fetish...

Looking nice chappy. I take my hat off to anyone willing/brave/crazy/stupid/patient enough to sleeve a 24 pin ATX :D

In awe of your self control, when my PC bits dropped through the letter box I went skitz and started going straight of the mark :)