1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress a simple tj07 water cooling mod

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Paulown, 29 Jul 2009.

1. Hazza

Hazza What's a Dremel?

Fair enough, I'd do exactly the same. I'd definitely try those top fans in a pull config though, should save you a few bolts and hopefully give you a degree or two better performance. They'll still be fed well by those rear intakes, and it might make tubing access to the end of the rad a little easier. See how it goes though :) look forward to seeing more.

2. Paulown

Paulown What's a Dremel?

the problem is ... those white fans are a bit diferente from the usual (maybe not the best option) and in a pull air configuration would end up pull air from the sides of the fans (as they are open) and not from the rad. ill give it a go as it is and ill see .... not saying that im right :)
    the pull configuration would be good to reduce noise too as the fans blow a lot of air and makes noise the air hiting the rad. just realised .... as they are PWN fans they will be controlled by the motherboard .... the hotter the cpu gets the faster the fans run, should work :)

3. Paulown

Paulown What's a Dremel?

a quick update .... got the inside of my case to paint today in a company near me, black matt .... £55 what do u think?
    more pictures tomorrow :) cant wait and then i can build the all thing :)

4. Paulown

Paulown What's a Dremel?

here it is the final result of painting .... and a few bits fitted today, ill do more tomorow as i have to get up at 2am :( and have to take this pc im using apart to build the new one. some pictures :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more coming soon!...

5. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I love the black in black, it looks really cool.:thumb:

Black IS the new black:clap:

Bad_cancer likes this.
  6. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

/\ haha, cracked me up there! +1

7. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Paint looks good, nice job.

8. Paulown

Paulown What's a Dremel?

well i said i would do it next day .... i couldnt resist, like a kid with a new toy!
    so got a hammer screwdriver, chainsaw ..... ok ok just a screw driver and i started!
    didnt finished all that day but its all done today.

short story, everything was going well, got the case all together again and no spear bits left .... thats good!
    start to had some bits

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

u doing well Paulo going for victory!!
    NOOOOO!!!!! :jawdrop::wallbash::duh::eyebrow:

[​IMG]

motherboard tray wouldnt go all in, fans were on the way!! it seems i not always learn with other peoples mistakes!!
    a painting job all looking good and i had to call my best friend in this job :dremel:, 5 minutes later the result that was enough to correct the mistake

[​IMG]

after that was just using my patience to do the rest (im not a very paciente guy!)

a few more bits in

[​IMG]

and a terrible fight with the water cooling hose clamps and others :nono:

[​IMG]

and hose fitted, had to leave it a bit long so i can slide the reservoir out to refill.

[​IMG]

last touches, good old toilet paper not just to wipe ***, and just connected the basic to try, a cheap graphic card, no sound card, just the essential.

it worked no leaks, and here its the final result!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now self avaluation:
    DAMN IM GOOD!!! :rock:
    just joking, as i said at the beginning its my second mod, first was really simple.
    this its still simple, but i added water cooling thing that i never tried before.
    its a mod to probably do a bit more later on, not rich and i get bored quiet easily, its simple, cable management doesnt look that bad and permormance ill see, all the fans are now blowing air in (except rad fans blowing out the top) to try and the northbridge little fun its so noisy and anoying that i might take it out not sure.
    was nice to do this, got some ideas from other mods from other people, some i had the idea and then .... surprise someone did that one before u Paulo!
    well i think that its not bad for a official first mod add water cooling and do most the work on corridor and living room.
    i know theres amazing mods out there but the modders seem to have loads of tools a garage and practice, i dont mean it in a bad way, all the respect for them!
    hope u had fun ...
    thanks guys for ur comments ...
    and give me ur honest opinion!

9. Paulown

Paulown What's a Dremel?

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    i finished my mod put it here and NOTHING!!
    like 15 pictures a nice txt and nothing, my pic are on my album.
    tomorow ill do it again im disappointed that after so much work thank to people and describing what i did and went wrong,, NOTHING!!
    sorry just a moment of anger :)

10. Bullitdodger

Bullitdodger If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

I know the feeling, mate.....;)

11. Paulown

Paulown What's a Dremel?

HEHE!!! it worked late (24 hours since i posted it) but its there, didnt had to do it again.
    the final result its up there :)
    the water pump its making a bit of noise, more then i expected but it actually might be normal.
    one thing i dont get it .... havent seen that pump/reservoir combination being used anywhere, do u know anything about this 2 items?
    and its windy inside the case, very windy, fans at the max (rad fans controlled by bios, 1% below 36 and 100% over 51) and not that noisy .... good!

Last edited: 8 Aug 2009
  12. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

Very nice job on the case. Good cable management and everything. How are those enermax fans? i was looking at them a while ago but never bought any. keep up the good work. I would try to route the w/c tubing closer to each other but thats just my ocd coming in to play. :thumb:

Last edited: 9 Aug 2009
  13. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Looks nice mate. My only qualm is that the hoses are a little slack but that can't be helped with a bay res. You could have removed the X-FI audio module to fill the res up though, would have allowed you to have slightly shorter hoses.

14. UltraModder

UltraModder Play Hard!

Very nice mod. I might watercool a system sometime.

15. Paulown

Paulown What's a Dremel?

thanks guys,
    i had to leave the hoses a bit long because the dvd rom was supose to go on the top but would touch the 90 degres adapters on the radiator, so the sound card front panel its shorter and its really hard to disconnect the 3 cables in the back.
    and morris8809 the fans are good and quiet but because they are open on the sides that help on air flow but dont use them on a radiator in a pull configurstion, and on push they make a bit on noise, the air hitting the rad, but they can be controlled by the mobo, with a adaptor u can connect 3 fans, thats what i did on those 2.
    only the scythe s-flex its on max and making a bit more noise then i expected.
    and come on guys, .... im noob on this :)

Last edited: 14 Aug 2009
  16. Verethy

Verethy What's a Dremel?

Nice, looking good!
    Your mobo tray has given me ideas for my own TJ07 mod ;)