1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Best 64 - 80GB SSD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Radical_Monkey, 15 Oct 2009.

1. Radical_Monkey

Radical_Monkey Dremel > Lightsabre

Hi Guys (and girls, but we all know the internet doesnt have any girls :hehe: )

Anyway, stale jokes aside, im thinking of getting a netbook, but im going to be wiping it and installing windows 7. Before I do, I want to install an SSD because one doesnt come as standard with the netbook.

I was wondering what is the best SSD is within the 64 - 80GB range in terms of price/performance. It doesnt have to be OCZ Vertex fast but atleast faster than a 5200rpm hdd to justify its price.

Oh and I would probably consider getting a higher capacity if the performace gain is well worth it

Thanks
    R_M

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Vertex really is the only that will work.
    You might want to consider the Agility series too.

Personally the only SSDs I'd invest in would be the Intel X25-M or OCZ Indilinx-based drives.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Don't take this the wrong way, but buying a netbook and then spending another £100+ on an SSD for a minimal speed benefit seems a bit mad.

It's not like you'll be able to use any speed increase on an Atom/Ion particularly anyway.

4. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

SSD seems like a bit of a waste considering that netbooks are pretty slow anyway.

be like decorating a poo.

5. droitwichdosser

droitwichdosser What's a Dremel?

PML... will remember that one for future use :thumb:

6. RandomTask

RandomTask Flair Sooker

Best value for money, I'd say a 64GB Kingston V series SSD. A friend of mine just bought one and loves it. It is sitting around the £100 price mark right now.