1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Sharp LC46SB54U + Sharp Support...

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkLord7854, 14 Nov 2008.

1. keyshore07

keyshore07 What's a Dremel?

ok i finally had the technician look at it and he did a bunch of weird stuff and now im going to go check it out

2. JBooG2701

JBooG2701 What's a Dremel?

ahhh i see im not the only one with this problem....thanks to all for the info i just started my case with them and look forward to a timely resolution which doesnt seem to be the case after reading, they are sending me the firmware which after reading will do me no good but will post if it does and what version was used.

3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Yea.. I think you'll find everything you'll need in this thread :p

4. keyshore07

the technician came on Wednesday and then i just started having the problem again at 5.30 and was put on hold for an hour or so and they never picked up so im calling back on monday

5. ballsmag

ballsmag What's a Dremel?

I received a firmware, SAL2A216-XBOX360Test.UVP (Not sure of the actual version; too lazy to check), that fixed the blackout problem with an Xbox360 at 1080p over component. Or at least, I have not experienced the blackouts since. It might very well be the same firmware that did not work for others, but it's worth noting that it seems to have solved at least one person's problem.

Was the 1:1 pixel mapping option always there? I never really looked too hard before, but I stumbled upon it yesterday, to my delight.

6. DarkLord7854

That's good to hear, and yes, the 1:1 option was there

7. keyshore07

hey ballsmag do you think you could pm me the firmware
    thanks in advance

8. DeeX

DeeX What's a Dremel?

Could you please send me some info as well? I got a LC37D64U with the same problems mentioned in this thread. plz help

9. DarkLord7854

Sure mate, but I can't email/PM you.. you'll need to enable that in your UserCP

10. DeeX

DeeX What's a Dremel?

enabled emailing but cant figure how to enable PM(s) . . I really hope this helps .. Im really disppointed in this TV.

11. DarkLord7854

Alright, sent

12. r00k

r00k What's a Dremel?

ballsmag, can you send me that firmware as well?

13. hiop10

hiop10 Use the force

Having the same common problem here also, ballsmag can you help a follow gamer with the new firmware ?

Cheers,

14. fatkillaclown

fatkillaclown What's a Dremel?

Has this "SAL2A216-XBOX360Test.UVP" work for anyone else besides ballsmag?

15. DarkLord7854

16. skim32

skim32 What's a Dremel?

So I purchased a LC46SB54U about last year on Cyber Monday. I do experience the issue like everyone else but very rarely. Sometimes I will go weeks without seeing this issue. Sometimes I'll see twice in one 4 hour viewing session. I think in the 10 months I've owned this unit, I must have seen the blackout less than 10 times. So it never really bothered me enough to complain. But now, my warranty is about the end soon and I am starting to feel the pressure to take advantage of the warranty before it expires. I have a couple of questions.

1. DarkLord, whatever information you sent to DeeX, can you also send to me? Any help would be appreciated.

2. It seems like it took months of troubleshooting for most people to finally get their issue resolved. My warranty expires soon and was wondering, if I initiate a trouble ticket today, but it does not get resolve by the time my warranty expires, will they just stop helping me? I feel that sharp should extend the warranty until my trouble ticket is resolved. Or at least work with me until the my initial call which was initiated prior to the expiration of the warranty, is resolved.

3. And anyone know Sharp's official Warranty Policy. I purchased the item on 12/01/2009. But didn't receive the shipment from the vendor until 12/24/2009. Due to a back-order issue. I feel that my warranty should not start until I receive the item. But Sharp's policy might be purchase date. If anyone has insight it will be helpful.

4. Any other suggestion or insight will be greatly appreciate. I am really grateful and thankful for everyone's (DarkLord and many others on this thread) work on this issue. And your willingness to share this information, so that others may experience a smoother experience with Sharp. Thanks again.

17. DarkLord7854

Sent you the contact info

18. skim32

skim32 What's a Dremel?

Question.. do you think I should start out by calling this guy? Or should I use him as a last resort?

19. DarkLord7854

You've got 2 months left on warranty.. go for it.

20. jesusfreak

jesusfreak What's a Dremel?

contact info for sharp issues

Can you send me the contact information for Sharp? We bought our tv on Black Friday 2008, but just started playing Xbox 360 on it a month or so ago and have discovered we have the same issue. I'd like to get the issue resolved quickly being as our one-year warranty will be up soon.

Thank you.