1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Online monestization for Call of Duty?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Nov 2009.

1. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Dont you just love American corporate greed......

2. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

I second that emotion... lol

3. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

the Xbox system they have done for the PC is not very good it can be hit or miss and when lag happens it takes 5 mins for it to fix it self and the Host has ultimate advantage due to not having ping

i shooting players and losing the Ping war resulting in my death, the replay happens it shows that he shot me first when i let off a lot more shots

4. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Don't you mean everybody will play it?

For a game so many said they'd boycott, it's sold a heck of a lot of copies.

5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Who didnt see this coming? Its blatently obvious that this is where things were heading, The thing i dont get is that in any other industry if you **** on your customers they go elsewhere, It doesnt happen in the game industry though people will flock like sheep to the next CoD game even if they have to pay to get 'essential' items.

6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Oh God, this is what happens when you put an accountant in charge of a successful game franchise: they single-handedly make it unsuccessful.

Yeah, console tards may not care about dedicated servers, or even understand what they are, but when someone starts charging them to scream at random strangers on the Internet, then even they'll be up in arms about it.

When's the award ceremony? Someone needs to invite Kanye.

7. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Lol.. can't wait to see this happen and see the backlash they get

8. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

You know what the saddest thing of all is? Activision doesn't want to learn from other's mistakes.

After years of criticism, EA tried to make changes for the better, both big and small, to the way they operate. They're now posting some of the largest losses ever and cutting more jobs than anticipated.

Meanwhile ActivisionBlizzard is making record profits while acting like jackasses. They need to learn from EA's history that although immediate profits are great, soon enough all that bad publicity takes a serious toll.

It's no secret that at the height of EA's dickishness a lot of the best game developers avoided them completely, leading to a massive lack of talented people who were prepared to work for them. Their only option then being to buy out other studios and become bloated.

9. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

£8 per month for Modern Wardare 2 anyone?

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Hahahahahaha.

Oh god. This is just getting better and better.

11. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Oh, incidentally while I'm in a Modern Warfare/Activision thread:

No point boycotting or getting up in arms about subscription based sales, look what happened to MW2, we all slagged off the idea of the console port and no-dedi's and they still managed to sell £300 million plus on the first day ...

12. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I cant imagine for 1 minute that they would go down the monthly subscription route for CoD, Console gamers just arent as used to the idea of paying monthly for a game as PC gamers are.

They'll chuck in a system similar to the free mmo's out there, small fees for extra weapons, camo, upgrades etc...

The problem with that is that its difficult to impliment without unbalancing the game, and if the £££ upgrades dont offer any benefit to the player they wont buy them.

so in summary

FAIL

13. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Where its says gamers should it read shareholders? And was the survey done at Activision's last AGM?

14. Kenny79

Kenny79 I own a Dremel!

You could see this coming a mile off, they really are trying to take the fun out of gaming. Its all gona blow up in there faces

15. alexicore5000

alexicore5000 What's a Dremel?

I think this is getting blown out of proportion somewhat. I'm pretty sure this is just an elaborate way of saying 'we are going to charge for map packs and DLC' which isn't really that uncommon. The map packs for CoDs 4 and WaW on the consoles are not free.

I don't see people showing the same amount of rage at all of the incredibly high priced DLC for Railworks heheheh

16. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

Yes, but was that total sales or PC sales. What do console gamers care about the way the PC port is being crapped on. The game was designed for them and then they decided, well I guess you PC guys can play too.

17. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

They already charge for DLC. Thus this can only mean pay to play.

18. alexicore5000

alexicore5000 What's a Dremel?

If that is the case then I see it as more of a spin-off from the series, rather than a standard CoD. They'll release CoD as per usual in November which will retain the "standard" (I use the term loosely in reference to the recent changes) formular (story mode and standard fps multiplayer), but alongside, I'm guessing they'll release a sort of persistent world (online only) subscription based game where 2 sides do battle FOREVER... taking the idea of FPS with RPG elements on its next logical step.

With add-on packs released a regular intervals, of course!

19. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Do it, kill the franchise, then everyone can stop raving about it as if it were the second coming of Jesus and I would get 5 minutes peace :p

Guest-16 likes this.
  20. Thedarkrage

Thedarkrage Thats not a pic of me its my gf

I think alexicore5000 may be right COD heroes anyone? lol but im so happy to hear that there is a crack for the servers :) god bless the PC community!!!!!

Tags: Add Tags