1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Gotta love CS-S, out of practice these days so when I do pop on I get my arse handed to me on a plate.

2. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Tried that dreamkiller game, played it for 20mins then deleted it, thoroughly pants :hehe:

Seemed to me like a serious sam clone with all the comedy surgically removed.

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Red Orchestra 50% off

4. Matticus

Matticus ...

It really does bring serious sam to mind, all the weird dream stuff made me think of psychonauts. Any game that mixes serious sam with psychonauts must be the greatest game ever, yes? Dreamkiller says no.

5. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

I have to agree, although I gave it maybe 45 mins. Now deleted ... thank god it was a FREE weekend!

I could see the Serious Sam similarities, and I think it is the Painkiller engine as it's the same guys who did Painkiller Overdose (not tried that). Have to say it did give me the willies when I turned around and had a massive spider looming over me ... the game really needs tweaking, something released now should play much smoother. It felt like a mod to me and for £20.99 ... not for me.

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, 50% OFF, £3.49, inc 44 Steam achievements

6. Matticus

Matticus ...

Got to agree with that. I looked a bit like a doom or quake style mod from the screenshots, which is the only reason I bothered to download it. Good job I don't have a monthly download amount. Would have been annoyed at downloading 10gb or whatever it was.

I think all of the kalypso games are on offer now. http://store.steampowered.com/publisher/Kalypso Media Digital/ Not for me personally, but maybe for someone else.

7. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Not for me either although I may have been tempted if there was a collectors pack including all the games.

8. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Mostly a bit meh there, with one exception

Ceville is really quite good if you like MI style adventure games, has a demo available too.
    I'd highly recommend giving it a go :)

9. theskirrid

theskirrid What's a Dremel?

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but I always switch my Steam location to France when it gets bogged down. Obviously I'm not French; I don't smell, or fancy my mum, but they do seem to have a better connection when there's a new release/big update Steamside.

10. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

11. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

ANOTHER WEEKEND DEAL

TorchLight, 50% OFF, £7.49 (developed in Seattle by a veteran team composed of the designers and leads of projects like Diablo, Diablo II, Mythos, and Fate)

12. Mike_and_Fi

Mike_and_Fi Two heads are better than one

Bought CS-S also, and through lack of practice got wiped out in record time. Rah!

13. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

New limited time specials.

Mirrors Edge - 75% off - US$4.99.
    Op Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - 50% off - US$19.99.
    GTA4 - 75% off - US$7.49.
    Defense Grid - 75% off - US2.49.
    Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl - 80% off - US$1.49.

Promising more when the counter gets to zero, just like the 5-day sale in early December.
    39 hours 25 minutes to go.

14. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Actually, it looks far more than just a few specials. I clicked on the Flash content (I have Flashblock) and there is a large holiday sale by quite a few publishers.

It's likely you'll find something you were thinking of buying.

15. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

well I know what I'm spending my whole paycheck on....

16. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I don't flocking believe it. I just bought Deus Ex for me and a mate a couple of hours ago, and it's now on sale from £6, to £4.

17. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Hmm, tempted by Operation Flashpoint, but even at £15 I don't think I'll bother.

Oh, and on a related note I've just completed Mirror's Edge tonight, and that's definitely worth the £3 odd asking price.

18. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I'd get it, but I've already got it on the Xbox, and it seems like it'd work better on a console with a controller, than a PC with QWERTY.

On a very related note, if you buy a pack from Steam, can you gift the games you already own? I'm thinking of picking up the Valve Pack for £40, and I already own the Orange Box and L4D2.

19. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

medeival 2 total war for 2.50, civ3 for 2 quid

i hate steam, i dont have enough hours in the day to play all these games. im still on torchlight from the weekend.

20. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Some of the bundle deals are great, tempted by the Codemasters and Rock Star packs, alreay bought the unreal deal and STALKER: Clear Sky