1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard: "We are not anti-console"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Dec 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Aww. Was the only thing I actually liked about them...

3. The Bodger

The Bodger What's a Dremel?

I can see their point - I don't think that the majority of their existing games simply would work well on a console. Then again, I'm probably more biased about this than Blizzard - never had a console, and probably never will have one... I just hope they don't 'consolize' the PC version of any games they bring out in the future - I hate having to enter names etc. in PC games using up / down keys or similar.

Last edited by a moderator: 21 Dec 2009
  4. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

I think that's got to be a thing of the past, given PS3 and X360 both have keyboard capabilities. What does grate about direct PC ports of console games is (a) lack of graphical options; (b) lack of thought going into keyboard / mouse control; and (c) shoddy loading times - I have a 1TB HDD FFS! Install the game there and don't load everything from disk all the time. In fact, don't make me put the disk in at all after install - have the decency to reward your paying customers with a lack of that particular irratant, and be realistic enough to realise that it does absolutely nothing to curb piracy.

5. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I think it'll be more that they're forced to make a console game. After what company took them over? Only a matter of time until we see a console MMO.

6. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

You're a little late to that party......Final Fantasy XI for example. MMO on the PS2.

7. javaman

Did FFXI even make it to console? I don't remember ever seeing it apart for PC. If so I guess ignorance is bliss.

8. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

they could release diablo 3 on consoles ;)

9. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Wikipedia shows it as available for PC/PS2/360

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Wikipedia is a giddy idealistic fool. Nobody bought that crap for PS2 (or for PC, for that matter:p)

11. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

It failed on the ps2 because it was expensive because it required a hard drive add-on for the ps2. Shortly after Sony revised the ps2 making the slim version which effectively shut out the game off that system since the HDD was a requirement.

12. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Don't ever cite Wiki for evidence of anything, it is completely and woefully inadequate to use as a citation source.
    I support Profs who throw people out of their classes for citing Wiki, it has been done and should be done more, fight against Wiki!

13. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

PSO, Everquest, PSU, and FFXI all had console versions.

14. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I hope Blizzard continues to focus on the PC market. I have spent more hours of my gaming life on Blizzard games than any other company and I look forward to spending many more countless hours playing Diablo3.

I do not play WOW, nor any other MMO. Although, I did play Guild Wars some, but I don't like the monthly subscription concept that most MMOs have.

15. 1-0-1

1-0-1 Nothing interesting to put here.

Well well - imagine Blizzard overcomes the whole console hurdle with World of Warcraft alone, a sizebale new user base would open for them although most people have console and a computer nowadays. Biggest problem I see though is playing WoW with a gamepad only. I played Fallout 3 with the gamepad only and is something I am not willing to go back at. Surely adding mouse and keyboard support for console should not be that difficult.

16. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Tbh they should be anti-console...

17. Vodi

Vodi What's a Dremel?

Ugh, less in more in this case. I hope they just stick with PC games. The market is so weak already. :rock:

18. javaman

all those games never appeared on the shelves here =O

19. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

MMOs on consoles are much much bigger in the Asian markets then they are in the US or Europe, that'd be why.

20. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

why is this a Console vs pc thing? games are games I play them on whatever format works. some game models, genres, titles etc will work better in one format, or the other, or both. This isn't a war every one who enjoys games should be allowed to enjoy them.

Tags: Add Tags