1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Command and Conquer 4 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 12 Aug 2009.

1. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Samkiller, can u link me to some more of the remakes you know about? thanks.

2. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

This is going to get pushed out when they have the concepts half right and everyone will hate it. Oh EA.

3. 1398342003

1398342003 Ubermodder

The idea of classes in an RTS is okay, but I'd rather have some kind of persistant upgrade path that I got to choose. The method they've described is like chopping up GDI into Tank Army, Turret Guys, and Aircraft Engineers. How can you possibly win with 1/3 of an army?

The idea that a mission would be too hard for the equipment you recieve. It sounds like a dick move to generate online play. (Something I don't do with RTSs, I do Lan only)

I like the idea of an MCV that can defend itself, but not one that can become an ultimate weapon. Maybe only light defences and only when deployed. The new resource gathering system seems good from a continuity standpoint, but as a gameplay element it seems very SupCom like to me.

Actually, resource points and upgradeable MCVs both seem very SupCom. I'd be happier with a copy of SupCom's ability to zoom out. Or units that can automatically use their special abilities when appropriate.

C&C3 and RA3 weren't that great, it seems that C&C4 will be worse.:(

4. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

If only we would raise Westwood from the dead....

5. osc8r

osc8r What's a Dremel?

Sounds lame. Very lame. Even lamer than their last attempt.

6. darklord of chaos

darklord of chaos What's a Dremel?

well c&c 3 was ok, good graphics but red alert 3 killed the red alert series plus a constant online status was extremly anoying dispite having an on all the time broadband at home I do not like games phoning home when they feel like it,

it seams that c&c 4 will do for the command and conquer series what RA3 did for the red alert series kill it completely EA it seams do not really understand what command and conquer is all about other than the franchise makes money it would appear that greed is behind the most recent games, i remember a time when companies made games cause they wanted too and not to satisfy shareholders and such.

oh well there is always supreme commander... which i felt was a better game on the whole plus the twin monitor aspect I loved

Last edited: 13 Aug 2009
  7. Xir

Xir Modder

Yep... graphically pimped up C&C3 with the above :D

Want something innovative? let 2 players play one faction, one manages the base the other does the generalling

8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Awesome idea. :D

9. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

BTW: image #8 gives me a 404 when I try to go hi-res.

I'll play this for the storyline, but damn am I sick of the C&C format. make infantry viable please. COH and DOW did.

10. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

I dont like the idea of no penalty, and historically have argued for more death penalty in games. I remember the hardcore days of Diablo, where you could pick perma-death and then go down into hell with friends we who serious about spanking his a$$

11. mup

mup What's a Dremel?

The problem with EA is that they are in it for the money, just look at the need for speed series nfsu2 was brilliant the rest were toss. They got to nfsu2 and thouht we can't do better so we'll throw in better graphics and more fit birds and hope for the best. This is exactly the same with c&c and RA they can't be botherd to work at making something original so they try more of the same with fitter birds. In the last c&C they had a chance to do something new with the scrin but just ended up ripping off starcraft and dark reign. They don't seem to care about gameplay much if at all, DOW spanks it as does SUPCOM. I've stopped buying ea stuff now because it is all just the same stuff just look at mass effect aka knights of the old jade empire, no originality at all.

12. capmoq

capmoq What's a Dremel?

This game will be an epic fail. Just like Red Alert 3, which was a pile of crap. C&C 3 was and will be the last C&C series game I would probably play. Could try the new ones out but they aren't enjoyable anymore. Like the Exorcist said.. C&C died with Westwood.

13. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I knew it was going to be bad but I had to try it, I wasn't surprised. Awful game really.

14. 1398342003

1398342003 Ubermodder

I recently saw a video on youtube about the new harvesting method. Essentially, since tiberium is mostly contained, they drop tiberium shards onto specific points on the battlefield, from space, and you go to pick it up. :duh:

Oh and it's not money anymore, it's upgrade points.

15. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

ea is so bad with this series since they took it from westwood.. patches being the thing- games like these need balance patches after the fans find out what's op.. they're bad with that

Tags: Add Tags