1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Scan and bit-tech team up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 28 Apr 2010.

1. ben_jt

ben_jt What's a Dremel?

Nice one, registered.

Always been happy with Scan's customer service.

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Cant you just change the email add you have registered with Bit-tech to the one you have with scan.

3. battles_atlas

battles_atlas What's a Dremel?

If the mag and bit are both their own businesses, how come they share 90% of the same content? Alot of the material you publish on the site is written by journalists who are employed by the mag, and I presume paid, at least in part, by mag subscriptions like my own. So I'm sorry but its simply untrue to claim that the mag doesn't subsidise the site. Unless bit-tech buys the content from CPC. Which I doubt.

I'm not say that because of this deal you're all bent, not at all. And I have a lot of respect for the way Scan operates. What I'm trying to say is that I pay for access to CPCs journalists because I trust their judgment. That trust relies on me believing that there is a firewall between the reviewer and money that rests on their reviews.

I'd have question marks if a ref turned up to a Man U - Chelsea game wearing a 'Samsung' sponsored shirt. It just doesn't look good.

I can't figure out the rest of the public. They go apesh*t when they find out MPs were fiddling their expenses, but apparently its fine that a magazine that the public buys to get serious, impartial reviews from is actually biased towards certain manufacters (not my claim - Shagbags). Honestly, why bother?

4. FreQ

FreQ What's a Dremel?

Perfect. Neil/SMC, thanks for the posts. Sorted now and free delivery activated! I was thinking about a new build as well....

5. retrogamer1990

retrogamer1990 What does 'Stock' Mean?

whilst I will enjoy free delivery, I think I'll take Scan product reveiws with a pinch of salt in the future...

6. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

All the screaming and whining does amuse me. I assume then that all the said people only get their news and information from the BBC, who do not have commercial concerns? And they don't read any newspapers, visit any websites, or speak to anyone who could have the tiny tiniest bit of bias? What a load of ****. Just suck it up and enjoy the free delivery.

7. Bayaz

Bayaz What's a Dremel?

Requiring 20 posts just encourages people to spam the forums in order to get the free delivery

8. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Free delivery

Just to add, the £20 minimum is EX vat.

:wallbash:

9. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

cool stuff

10. juststsomeguy26

juststsomeguy26 What's a Dremel?

Yup, need a new mouse. Now I'm looking for 20 places to post innocuous comments.

11. Bayaz

Bayaz What's a Dremel?

I did the whole 20 posts thing and activated the free postage. I don't live in the UK so I only get £6.99 off the postage. I still thought this was a good deal but when I went to buy something I didn't get any discount. When I enquired as to why, I was told I would have to ring everytime I want to avail of the discounts.

Disappointed with the hidden catches :-(

12. mac007

mac007 What's a Dremel?

Remember Hexus also doing a deal like this - 20 posts then you get free delivery - what a bargain.

13. Caspian Rho

Caspian Rho What's a Dremel?

Another BS UK mainland..... which coincidentally doesn't ****ing exist. UK is a political defination, UK mainland should be great britain (england, scotland, wales), britain is england and wales. So it's a complete consumer oversight to say UK mainland only. And what's more N.I. are Royal Mail and there is NO difference. My parcels from me to you in great britain cost me the same postage as you posting the same parcel internally, end of. And when something has to come the other way I'm hit with a £30 postal cost for something that should be £2.99 because i'm not inside the imaginery country of UK mainland........ I'm sick of getting screwed over by this non-existent UK mainland term!!! rant over!!:wallbash:

Last edited: 20 Aug 2010
  14. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

No, they don't. Scan use CityLink for delivery of ALL items, so while Royal Mail costs might be the same, courier costs most certainly aren't.

15. Caspian Rho

Caspian Rho What's a Dremel?

ok that maybe the case, but it's hardly 20 camels, small army to protect the convoy passsed unchartered lands. It'd be nice if companies like these would use a more reknowned carrier. Or we here are doomed to PCWorld best buys....... and you really wouldn't want that :D

16. Coach

Coach What's a Dremel?

Best get started.

Do comments count as posts?

Last edited by a moderator: 24 Oct 2010
  17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Only if there is a point to the comments. All you need to do is share your opinion on a few topics and you will be done in no time at all.

18. kopkin

kopkin What's a Dremel?

Hi

is this offer still active?

1st post for me!

19. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Is this offer still available? Says it can't link my account when i try

Tags: Add Tags