1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Games I Own: Carnivores

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 21 May 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. salesman

salesman Minimodder

Yeah a shotgun a crossbow and a sniper rifle ... ... ... *sigh*
    To me I feel the same way about the game, I loved the debug keys. Hearing a T-Rex roar and then hear his footsteps as he tried to get closer, he couldn't quite catch me. I figured a easy way to hunt the T-Rex without using cheats, although the cheats didn't really help you out a lot. The T-Rex would always stop and smell the ground when he was close to you and when he knew you were there he would roar and then turn towards your direction but wouldn't charge sometimes but rather would go back to sniffing the ground and the roar and then charge. Now if you were off in the distance this usually looks pretty scary because you're about to be eaten and there would be nothing you can do about it unless you were already exiting the map in time because of the 5 second timer waiting for the pick-up (I would just hit the restart stage button which was instant and I could avoid death that way). Anyways, while T-Rex was sniffing the ground you could run right up to him and if you did it right he would roar and then turn towards you and the repeat the animation again providing you ample time to walk right up to him pull out your gun and aim real close to his eye and bag him just don't miss because shooting breaks his animation and he turns and your a bag-o-meat he's flinging in the next instant. It's best to shoot him right near the end of his roar because his head is moving the least, I have filled up the trophy room with T-Rex's this way and big ones too.

I would also have fun running around the trophy room with debug on, you could jump out on top of the wall was nothing out there but it was a big map.

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Every.Single.Games (FPS games anyway)

In my world every game should be as fast as UT ;)

4. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

Slow moving speed is really infuriating on a lot of modern games.
    There are too many to list, especially thoses where you have to painstainkingly move back and forth places to complete quests... (Bethesda, I'm looking at you...)

5. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I actually preferred morrowind to oblivion because it forced you to move slowly around the place. Aside from adding to the immersion, it meant I was always stumbling across new things I'd not seen before. Having said that, you could also fly in morrowind, which did help a bit when you wanted to really shift it.

6. musicrab

musicrab What's a Dremel?

7. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

I got/get that same rush when playing CS:S surf. Flying around at insane speeds is just so much fun. Vvvvvvv is another one that comes to mind for me, other than the traditional UT deathmatch stuff.

Still, I think if a game does speed right it can also be great. Like if you're only just fast enough to get away from an enemy and it feels like if you make a mistake you're screwed. While it's good for a laugh every once in a while, the fun of being able to move around really fast wears off if you can escape anything.

8. Cable Guy

Cable Guy What's a Dremel?

Carnivores 2 works perfectly on modern systems you know. Shure the water disappears when you run, but you can still shoot dinosaurs.

9. RynoRFC

RynoRFC What's a Dremel?

Last game I played that gave me that feeling was N: Way of the Ninja. It's just a little flash game with a ninja locked in a box, but that tiny ninja sure can move. There's something satisfying about clearing half the map in one jump, even if the map is small.

Tags: Add Tags