1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Dyson Airblade waste water

Discussion in 'General' started by Cupboard, 24 May 2009.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Where do I sign for one? :p

I've had the pleasure of using a Dyson Airblade once.. I washed my hands several times over just to be able to justify using it multiple times, it really works as advertised :D

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

It's awesome! Using one for the first time was easily the second best thing to ever happen in a public toilet.. Easily noisiest, though.

3. flapjackboy

flapjackboy What's a Dremel?

They have them in the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital toilets. They're awesome.

4. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

all well and good, but not when you're wearing a £3000 Prada wool/silk blend suit.

5. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

If you put a load of them in a ring, could you build a balloon super-collider? :D :eeek:

6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

If I paid £3000 for a suit, I'd expect it to be able to withstand a light moistening.

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

We've got one of these at work. Absolutely stunning. First time I've seen one, and I was totally gobsmacked by it.

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I used one at the Museum of Science and Industry yesterday, nothing special. My hands were still wet... though less so than usual?

I just think anything Dyson is a joke after their bladeless fan garbage.

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'm surprised at how many people have never used one or never heard of one. I had the pleasure of fitting one in work just after they were released. The entire staff were playing with it all day :hehe:

It's a fantastic drier, yet another example of how James Dysons process of over engineering can and often does produce absolutely awesome products ;)

[edit]

Wut? You have to be either really stupid or using a broken unit to be left with wet hands after using the airblade dude. And the bladeless fan is revolutionary.. don't hate it just because you don't like it. It's useful technology, not garbage.

10. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

The bladeless fan is a joke because it has blades. The blades are inside the base, you don't see them, but blades are still what moves the air. Plus who the hell would want to pay $300 for a desk fan which isn't even particularly good?

Seemed like the dryer was working, how long did you hold your hands in for them to get dry? I gave up after around ten seconds, my hands were still moist, my pants caught the rest. It's probably better than a normal hand dryer, and it definitely looks fancy, but it's nothing amazing.

The only hand dryer which came close to doing the job of a paper towel for me: http://www.exceldryer.com/products_xlerator.php

They're as loud as leaf blowers, my high school had them in the gym locker room.

Last edited: 12 Jun 2010
  11. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

I used one in the toilets at Cheltenham Regent Arcade. I was a little skeptical about putting my hands into a machine that said 'blade' on it though.