1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster ATX pin remover tool won't work

Discussion in 'Modding' started by BigBig5, 21 Jun 2010.

1. BigBig5

BigBig5 Single Braid Sleeving

I have a Sunbeam pin remover kt and when I use the ATX tool on a old PSU it works, but not with my Siverstone DA650 PSU that's 100% modular. Is there something different with the two PSU pins. :wallbash:

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Nope, sorry to be so blunt mate, but you're doing it wrong. Try harder - there is a knack to it but once you do about a hundred pins you'll soon get the hang of it ;)

/offtopic/

There's a Hillsborough in Northern Ireland too!

/offtopic/

3. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

The pins are the same, you'll probably find the difference is the plastic moulding on the ATX housing.

Again, it will be the same size but some are more flexible than others making pin removal easier / or harder.

Just practice, basically

4. BigBig5

BigBig5 Single Braid Sleeving

Still does work. I tried to push it in fairer and tried the AUX tool, but no luck for both.
    It mush have a safety feature.

5. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I have a DA700 that went fine with the Sunbeam tool until it broke. Then I went to staples and never looked back :hehe:

6. nebun

nebun Midnight Modder

I find the best technique for atx pins it to push the wire in towards the atx connector (rather than pull), push tool fully into slot, pull wire out with pin still attached. I've never had to use much force with tool or wire but i may have been lucky with my psu selections.