1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs I Hate Jade Empire

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 23 Jul 2010.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I will admit it's not one for replay value, the game simply doesn't have enough in it.

Even if the plot's a bit generic, we've come to expect that from all Bioware games now. Still it's quite polished and the martial arts shindig was amusing at least.

2. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Well, if you're not a wuxia enjoyer/asian like me, you might enjoy it more.

3. xela333

xela333 What's a Dremel?

I agree with 'robots'. I really enjoyed this game too. Ive played every Bioware game they have made so far and Jade Empire would be in my top 5. Very polished, original combat system, John Cleese as a crazy European and mildly predictable but enjoyable story. Ok so it was'nt as RPGish as most of their earlyer games but it simplified things nicely.

4. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

how many bioware games are there?

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

At least 23 if you include the expansions. I'm not sure of the exact number however.

--

Have to agree with Joe on this one really. I managed one play through of JE. But I found it to be a rather dull and obvious game. I did try a second play through a few months back to make different decisions..but I got bored rapidly and stopped playing.

It was a one shot game really. And by that I mean you will only play it once. No re playability at all.

6. MrZephyr

MrZephyr What's a Dremel?

I really enjoyed the game, played it through at leisure last year. Granted some parts were quite predictable, but a martial arts adventure game was just what I wanted at the time... every game is subjectively enjoyable - I hated farcry 2 and sold it before completing it, others love it and still rave about it and that's what this blog entry is all about, personal preference... =)

7. Votey

Votey What's a Dremel?

So you liked it then. Alright.

8. Votey

Votey What's a Dremel?

Wow, do not quote things with apostrphes in them, apparently.

9. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

I remember really enjoying the game.

10. Rainavaia

Rainavaia What's a Dremel?

All I have to say is this Joe Martin fellow needs to tone down his little blog. Yes Jade Empire one of Bioware's finest games? Of course not. If anything, they should have stuck with developing KotOR2 and not passed it off to the butchery that Obsidian brings to RPGs. Jade Empire was a decent RPG, but nowhere near as dreadful as this heated, emotional fellow seems to make it out to be.

Additionally, why are you (Joe Martin) bringing this up -now-? It's 2010! This is hardly the time to be bashing a game made quite some time ago.

I will also point out that Jade Empire offered various options for romance, unlike most other RPGs that stick to M/F -only-. That, in and of itself, made me appreciate the game more, knowing that my personal preferences were not being ignored by the gaming industry.

Now, back to salivating over SWTOR... >.>

Tags: Add Tags