1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Halo Reach

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PBear23, 8 Sep 2010.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Add me anyway, and when you get the game I'm up for some multiplayer :)

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Nowgamer just awarded it a 9.4

"Final Verdict
    We thought Reach would be something special, as it’s Bungie’s last Halo title. What we weren’t expecting was a game that had quite so much heart, a near-perfect gameplay balance and the clear culmination of all its work and promises over the years. Reach is simply stunning and the perfect end to the 360’s flagship series. 9.4/10"

3. Phalanx

Well, I picked up my Legendary Edition at 9pm tonight from TNT Express Depot near here. The model that comes in it is, quite literally, astounding. Even my father stood looking at it in the display cabinet (I have a display cabinet with Noble Team, Lifesize Master Chief helmet, 2 limited edition controllers and a Blue Spartan bust, with more to come) and just stood slack-jawed looking at it.

The only word he said after 4 minutes was "wow", and I have to agree. It's beautiful.

I have the day off tomorrow, so my cousin and I are starting at 10am and playing the whole campaign through in co-op, and it's taking all my willpower at the moment not to start playing tonight.

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

It's OUT!!!!!!!!, and has been for the past 10 mins.

Sam

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Waiting impatiently to be able to pick it up in about 3 hours..

6. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

I decided to preorder from game so still waiting for it, a few friends all went at like 11:30 last night to one of the game stores (Lucky b's)

Can not wait as I got the Legondary and Xbox coming

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Can't get my copy till tomorrow, sucks getting paid the day after a release, grrr

Sam

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's that quantifiable .4 that makes all the difference!

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I have to wonder: is this a game that everyone will rate 11/10, then a few years later we'll get articles on how overrated it was (a la Halo 1)? :D

10. MacWalka

MacWalka What's a Dremel?

I got it delivered to the house yesterday and was playing it all last night.

I have to say I'm really enjoying it. The missions are nice and varied and it does feel like its occuring over a long period of war and battles rather than the usual Halo feeling of it happening in a short period of time. I do feel the campaign is a bit easier than I'm used to on Heroic so will try to solo Legendary once I'm done.

I like the other Spartans and being able to fight in a team now rather than feeling like a Lone Wolf all the time.

Played a little bit online and am slightly disappointed that most of the online maps are either taken from the campaign or a copy of a previous Halo game.

Firefight has been drastically improved with a new Firefight matchmaking mode which I felt they should have included in ODST.

11. azzybish

azzybish What's a Dremel?

Anyone that wants to run through campaign for the first time add me!

GT: azzybish

12. Carper

Carper Guru

accepted your friend request buddy as for playing the story together i wouldnt mind in a couple of days or something but not right now im into the online too much lol

13. Phalanx

Just finished co-op campaign with my cousin, and WOW! All I will say is wait til after the credits! :D Nice touch!

I'm looking for players for Firefight and general multiplayer mayhem, as well as anyone crazy enough to play through Legendary campaign with me! :)

14. Carper

Carper Guru

I think we should get a couple of guys of this forum for a good firefight game on a hard difficulty or something for achievements :p

15. Phalanx

Add me on live, I'm definitely up for it. Ph4lanx on there too.

16. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This is a bit dispiriting. The first 3 Halos already had slow, bloaty, syrupy controls and movement. I was hoping they'd liven things up a bit to bring it closer to being a fluid, passable FPS.

In other news, Halo's biggest flaw remains its pretention and unnecessarily sombre tone, which the Reach trailers have taken to new heights. It's presented like it's the ****ing Godfather or something, which jarrs slightly with the childish visual style and light-hearted, uncomplicated gameplay. (The first game was fun because it didn't take itself seriously at all, and the silly weapons and comic-relief enemies seemed apt.)

17. Phalanx

When I said it has slowed down, I didn't mean in control terms. I have no problems pulling off any move I want with the control system, without feeling that I'm juggling buttons/sticks. What I meant was that the game wasn't just run in shooting and see who survives at the end. You do that in H:R, you're dead. I don't want another Modern Warfare :)

18. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I'm a huge Halo fan. For me, the epic live action shorts are some of the most amazing scenes from the Halo universe.

There's a geek for every movie, tv series, and game. You just need to enjoy what you like, instead of poking fun at things you don't. :p

19. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I'll be asking Santa for Legendary Edition this Christmas. :D

I'm drooling over the statue..

20. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

clearly anyone who is talking about reach being pretentious and somber unrightfully has not read the book, its a really great story and it has every right to be somber considering th subject matter. I just hope the game even comes close to living up to the book, if it does it will be the best halo story line yet.

I cant wait to play it, but as of now I am saving for a trip to cancun so no spending for me!