1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BFBC2 GOL Rifle

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by torroray, 25 Oct 2010.

1. October

October Mariachi Style

Ah Shooter...the epitome of realism in a modern combat setting :thumb:

:p

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Funnily enough he switches to an M82 for that.

3. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

...And there's no command console to find out what frame rate I'm getting without resorting to FRAPS, and can't directly connect to a server IP making the Bit-Tech server impossible to find (I did search bit-tech/custom pc but it won't turn up in results).

I think that's because each bullet is actually processed as real projectiles, rather than using hit scan where the hit registration works on the basis of the target simply being in the crosshair. So you get the corealis effect and bullets going down thanks to gravity (and no in that COD4 Chernobyl level it wasn't the same thing because it was obviously programmed to be like that just for that level). So things like moving to the side while shooting can affect it too. That's why all the gunfire you hear in the background are real gunshots taking place.
    ...I might have just made all that up though.

Last edited: 25 Oct 2010
  4. October

October Mariachi Style

Agreed, I've missed two readers nights because of this :grr:

5. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

^The search is case sensitive, guys.

6. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

A lot of people at good snipers in this game and will headshot you every time from any distance if you stay still.

Solution: MOVE or get really good with a sniper rifle. If you cant get that bulletdrop down perfectly then you should probably avoid the sniper class.

My references for making this post:
    [​IMG]

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Thanks for reminding us.

Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired. Immediately.

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Well damn. He loses a couple of badass points for that.

Thank you, though. You've given me an excuse to watch that again :D

If it's like the other Battlefields then they are, which is why we get bullet drop, but that isn't enough to account for the many different scenarios in which such incidents have happened. Non-sniper bullets have almost zero bullet drop in BFBC2, and at close ranges (like my example) no bullet, no matter how poor the ballistics, is going to drop a noticable amount. Also, watching your enemy's character model react to getting hit while no damage being done is hard to explain with anything other than poor hit detection.

9. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

there are several weapons that can shoot the pilot, M24 and GOL being just a few, but only a few does direct damage to light vehicles, (cars/chopper)

All bullets drop about the same amount (with a few exceptions), no significant difference between the M16 and GOL, only the range that you usually engage enemies at.

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Interesting. Never actually tried firing a non-sniper weapon at that range, only seen the numbers the game uses for calculating the drop. Basically says there are three types of guns: non-sniper (might be non-bolt and applies to the semi-autos, can't remember) which is almost every weapon, sniper (agian, may be bolt only), and vehicle. The M95 would be vehicle and share properties with bullets fired from the MBT's second seat gun, for example.

11. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I dont get it, everyone was raving about this game, what gives? I've bought it, but still haven't really got round to playing it. Haven't even finished off the single player portion. Too busy playing css, l4d2 at the moment and have f.o new vegas on the way lol.

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

some love it, some hate what it has done to BF franchise. each to their own.

13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I look forward to BF3 personally...

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I see you took my post as a personal attack for some reason.

My PC is fine
    Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ 3.8Ghz - Asus M3N72-D SLI - 8GB PC6400 - GTX260 216 SLI - X25-M 80GB G2 - 5.1TB total - Corsair TX850 - Samsung 2233RZ 120hz cheesecake - Antec SX1040 - OCZ Gladiator Max - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bits
    (I just ditched the second 260 though as it was useless and annoying because of the stuttering)

This should be enough to play this game

I wouldn't expect snipers to destroy choppers in two shots but they should at least do something !

I forgot to mention one of the worst thing of all in this game : you CAN'T hear someone walking/running/firing behind you. I played 201 hours of this game. I really gave it a chance but this particular problem has pissed me off even more than the shots not registering. Oh and before anyone says "DUHHH I C4N H34R NE1 'ROUND ME CUZ I'M L337, U JUST SUCK DUHHHH", just know that all the people I have played with have complained about the same thing. I might give this problem one last chance however as I now have a more up to date sound card and fully supported EAX might help. It's still unacceptable though.

no console sucks indeed. It's a PC game. We're supposed to have access to this

oh and add another stupid thing: the pings are all wrong. Everyone is between 100 and 400 ping despite the server being 15km away ? bullshìt

but that doesn't explain how bullets can hit me through walls or rocks

I love the idea of BF3. I loved the idea of BF2 too and I even love the idea of BC2. However if they sell us another bugged POS at release, and they will, I will go nuts

15. reggie50

reggie50 Minimodder

bullets can travel through walls, not rocks, but walls certainly.

16. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I wasn't trying to imply that your hardware is inadequite, my point is that just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean others have the same problems. You just made it look like the game runs like **** for everyone. My graphics card is barely above yours (since SLi support is apparently non-existent) and the game is fluent at all times.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a software problem, or god knows what. For instance GTA IV is really picky about computers, it either runs fine for you or it barely runs at all, regardless of your hardware's performance. Nobody can tell why but it happens.

Your post irritated me because you were throwing stuff around either baselessly or based on your own experience. I noticed that you decided not to address the rest of my response.

17. torroray

torroray What's a Dremel?

Now that really explain a lot to what I've gone through.

I thought I just suck at the game and everyone else just spray bullets at me.

18. torroray

torroray What's a Dremel?

BF3? When?

Will they fix/ improve from BFBC2?

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

This is indeed very subjective but for me, 45fps average is unacceptable so .. yeah, the game runs like crap

Everything I say is always based on something. I'm not the kind of guy who will bullshìt for the sake of an argument. All the problems I said about the games are confirmed by my friends and we're not nubs. We actually tried to enjoy that game but the endless list of issues just makes it unbearable

20. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Yeah but it doesn't run at 45FPS for everyone. 45FPS in a multiplayer game would be unplayable indeed.