1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Noob Question - Lian Li Pc-Q08 & GPU Choice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ringoiom, 26 Nov 2010.

1. ringoiom

ringoiom What's a Dremel?

Hi All,

Im wanting to reduce my PC's footprint and as such am looking to down size to the Lian Li Pc-Q08

I'm looking at getting the Gigabyte H55N-USB3 / and an I3-540 and reusing my current ram as I know its compatable

What im not sure about is whether the case will handle my Sapphire 4870 X2 in terms of effective cooling and if not is there anything I could look at to make it work.....?

I'm not adverse to a bit of modding so all suggestions are welcome......

Last edited: 26 Nov 2010
  2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

It should fit, the Q08 has 300mm of space for a video card and the 4870 X2 is 10.5" long.

3. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

mars-bar-man likes this.
  4. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Haha, I don't know about a legend! :p

But yeah, the 4870x2 will fit. I had a GTX260 TOP in there for a while, which is 11.5" long. I don't think the 4870x2 is much bigger. You've got 300mm of space to play with, it'll fit fine.

I'm looking to toy about with my case when I get back either at xmas or maybe the summer. Thinking of trying to get hold of a 4870x2 myslef to pop in there. Maybe add a 140mm rad if I can find space for my HDDs.

As for cooling, when BT did a review, the said it coped very well. Because the case is so small, air goes in, and goes back out almost instantly, which is good. Plus it's very perforated, so air can easily get it. Just watch out for dust, which I've found to be a mini issue lately.

Hope that helps :p Any questions? Stick em here or send me a PM.

5. ringoiom

ringoiom What's a Dremel?

cheers gents - I figured it would fit but was concerned about the heat more than anything - I'll just have to pull the trigger when pay day rolls around and see what happens

Mars - It was your log that made me look into the PC-Q08 in the first place so thanks for the inspiration.

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Heat shouldn't be an issue, becuase of how close the fan is to the bottom of the case and that fact that it's essentially one giant perforated piece of metal the card's always getting cool air.

Read the bit-tech review on it as well man, they said the same as I just have.