Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Just finished a 10 page essay on Newtons 2nd law and how to prove it by using differential equations and Eulers numerical method.

Bring on the weekend :D

2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Today chilling in the hotel, and larry comes in, A amazing black guy who stayed with us 4 years ago, when i was like 14-15... Anyway so we've been chatting hes finished his uni course and graduated today and popped in to see us... Management to do with oil or some crap, He's doing really well, And also said i should visit him in London... Where to in London? same area as the girl from my amazing thread...

I really don't know what to do now. After xmas i may visit him... (I don't think she's that into me tbh, and i'm having a freaking hard time getting over her, so meeting with her could just make things worst) false hope sort of thing. but oh wells!,

Done most my xmas shopping today... whoa :) nearly slipped over 3 times... god damn it.

Another girl which really likes me from my area has been making it obvious every time we bump into each other, she looked amazing all dressed up, But i've not really pushed towards it yet, She did mention she had a boy friend awhile back but when she found out i was single she's been after me ever since, throwing hints, always looks right into my eyes like we should be together, Going shy infront of her friends saying i want him and quickly walking off blushing, then coming back a few minutes later exc, Only way for it to work out would be for her break up with her boy friend then come be with me. Cheaters are the lowest of the lowest in my eyes.

And my wallet is quite loaded atm, So all in all, doing very good atm! :)

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I have two finals today, World Civ. and math. Then I have the weekend to "study" for my intro to mass media class. After that home for Christmas until January 24th

4. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I feel like Arnie in Terminator 3. My brain conflicted and reset.

Anyway, its the last Friday before the Christmas break. What else is there? Oh yeah, party tonight.

5. PederVM

PederVM What's a Dremel?

I think this makes my life awesome, today.

I started this day really well by passing a Microsoft Dynamics AX test that allows the company I work for to keep on selling licenses for the product, with a 94% score (I needed 70% to pass).

If I failed we would have had to make an agreement with another Microsoft-partner (a competitor) to keep selling our product that is built on top of Dynamics AX. That would have been embarrasing.

I have always been a snob about certifications (thinking that only fools who doesnt know the product fails), but have after taking 3 failed tests learned that there is a big difference between knowing the product really well and passing an exam about it (I am not very good with double negative questions and long introductions to a problem where the questions turns out to be about a basic yes/ no problem).

The first test I took were only to find the weak spots i needed to study on, and i scored 68%.

The second test I took after reading the training manual 2 times I scored 48% (i did not agree with the training manual in its recommendations as it were against Best Practise, and the way I do things).

The third test were worse, I scored 47% after reading the training manual again.

When I took the 3 first tests I were in the middle of a couple of big customer upgrades, I learned that I shouldnt take a test when I am doing important work that needs a lot of attention, its simply impossible for me to switch off the work and switch on the exam-mentality.

I used exam-software to prepare for the fourth test, and felt a bit dirty doing it.

So its a double-win, I passed the test and are a bit less snobbish about certifications from now on.

Installing and upgrading economic systems is the best management-game I ever have played, you simply cant beat live numbers and real money (there were much excitement a couple of months ago, when a coding mistake led one of our customers to seemingly loose half a million euro overnight. The customer were not that impressed about how we implemented a new tax rule the wrong way).

I am so happy that I think I deserve to buy myself the new XBOX Console as a christmas gift (mostly because of the excellent Media Center client).

BTW: The Newcastle Brown Ales are tasting pretty good tonight and I think I also can handle another pint of Youngs Double Shot Chocolate Stout before I have to go home and find the bed and give it a big long hug.

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Just got back home from uni, God it feels good to be back!

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Recording preposterously British sounding versions of Duke Nukem catch phrases, and making Canadian girls 'aww' in a good way.

8. Matticus

Matticus ...

Off work till Jan now. Good times.

9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Got 2 chicks coming over... :))

10. Skies

Skies What's a Dremel?

Coming home from uni and actually having a bath, as well as peice and quiet from flatmates talking in the hallway at like 2Am and in the morning.

11. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

"I've got something big and hard and full of money in my room, ladies!"

...oh boy... xD

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I could see an improvement at the gym yesterday. I think it's the first time since 2003 that I felt better during and after exercising than I did before.

awesome

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

snow driving like a god :thumb:

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

oh and I also lost a few pounds. My weight has always fluctuated a lot in a single day but I just checked for fun and, even though I just ate supper, I'm still bellow my average weight of the last 4 years ;)

It's only the beginning

nice :cooldude:

15. liratheal

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

listened to it a few times, I can't understand what he says is about to occur

damn my frenchie side ..

17. liratheal

A stern knobbing. Perhaps one of the sternest.

Also:

[​IMG]

That being finished on time.

18. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Finished work, now have 3 weeks off for xmas :D

19. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Made my girlfriends weekend her best birthday weekend ever.

20. hyder

hyder horrible horrible horrible

GZ

How was this achieved?