1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 27 Jan 2011.

1. biFFon

biFFon What's a Dremel?

How much noisier is the cooler going to be over stock?

2. DaveMon

DaveMon The end is nigh! Repent!

Which would be the preferred card?
    The Gigabyte:
    At Ebuyer

Or the MSI:
    At Scan?

Both in stock.

3. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Only in applications that are supported by SLI/Crossfire, that is why bit-tech are as against it as they are.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Well, purely based on specs, the giga
    Better clocks and price.
    Unless you have an aversion to giga, I'd go for it.

5. robump

robump Minimodder

The MSI or the evga ti?

Is it worth paying a premium for evga for their service do you think?

Which has more oc potential under water?

6. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Virtually every major game supports SLI and Crossfire with excellent scaling. It it an important topic for enthusiasts which is why other serious tech websites cover it. Sadly Bit-Tech persists with 20th century thinking.

7. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

8. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

It might be interesting to know the fps of sli 560's vs a Gtx 580 but in real world performance there is no comparison. Any fps gained are ruined by micro stutter, something that you can only really appreciate when you move from a prolonged period of sli gaming to a single high performance card. The single card may have slower fps than sli but this is regained in the smoothness of gameplay. I would only now consider an sli setup for multi screen setups where the increase fps with microstutter would outweigh the low fps of a single card. I'd therefore be up for including sli comparisons between the two on multiscreen test beds

9. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

Evga will still honour your warranty if you put a water block on the card- most other manufacturers won't. For that reason I went with evga for my gtx 570. Who's card's oc best? Dunno.

10. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

I agree. My last purchase was a EVGA 460 but was really tempted to go for 5770's in Crossfire as the performance was outstanding for the money. The only thing that stopped me was that the single slot cards worked out a bit expensive and was the only way to keep everything I wanted in my case.

I'd love to see more references here to Crossfire and Sli possibilities because as a mid range gamer, they offer some real heavy grunt in certain situations.

Anyway, this looks a cracking card and fit for many a rig. I've had my 460 for only 4 months so wouldn't change but what a way to afford-ably squeeze more life out of a 775 set-up or the like.

11. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

How do you KNOW that? I mean really? Have you got a 560 GTX SLI setup and a 580 GTX setup? Have you read the reviews of the 560 GTX in SLI?

12. Hakuren

Hakuren What's a Dremel?

While GTX 560 is great new VGA on the market I'm seriously considering buying GTX 580 Gainward Pahntom. Looks awesome, provide enough performance for everything around, no need to fiddle and toy with SLI and will live probably for next decade in my PC. All I need is plenty of VRAM [X3:TC chewing up VRAM like mad in no time at all @ 2xxx*1xxx]. Although GTX580 for X3 is overkill, but 3GB VRAM is definitely not and with new games (X4 maybe!) who knows what is coming to my hdd :). Was interested with SLI560, but price of such combo and power drain for 10 FPS gain is no go for me. And most important - I can use another x16 slot for another RAID card and all of that on 750W PSU instead 1kW. :evilgrin:

OCing VGA is IMHO completely pointless exercise unless return is worth of it (read: making gameplay/FPS rate enjoyable). In almost every example above OC is pointless. OCing is OK for e.g. Metro2033 which really batters every VGA on the market (honestly it is the only benchmark in all reviews where I'm interested in numbers, even if I couldn't care less about game itself), but for pretty much everything else gain between 2-30 FPS for game running with stable 50 FPS is nothing more than waste of time and money (power drain). Of course go right ahead if your only job and hobby is running benchmarks and watching bunch of random numbers appearing on the screen. :p

13. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

I moved from 5870 xfire to a Gtx 580. Same frame rates but my jaw dropped at how smooth as butter the visuals were across the games I play. That was the day I learned from personal experience what micro stutter is!

14. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

3 letters and one word:

OMG WANT!

15. flipman

flipman What's a Dremel?

thnx for gr8 article guys im gona go get one of these baby's :))

16. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

17. Cyberpower-UK

Cyberpower-UK Professional Overclocker

We have 20 or so on order. Can't wait to SLi them up. BTs Anti SLiness is kind of out moded now that scaling of 90% and higher is becoming routine.

I don't like MSI's choice of name for cards with this cooler, it sound like a mash up of frostbite and tosser

18. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Have to admit, however much I was looking forward to the GTX560 Ti, I'm generally somewhat disappointed about the power usage at load. Compared to the equally powerful HD6950 it draws almost 50W more. If only I wasn't forced to get an nVidia card... :(

19. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

Very nice card. I would make one my own if I wasn't planning on going for the 580 next time I upgrade.

20. mardon

mardon What's a Dremel?

If I wasn't going travelling in South East Asia in July I would have one of these now. Just not point for 5 months useage.

Might as well send one home from China while i'm out there.

Tags: Add Tags