Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Psycho

Psycho Average

1.7kb/s torrent download.

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Try less than 30kb download regardless of server etc.
    Am at uni, suddenly our halls internet speed has died, have talked o the main IT guys about it, not really got an explanation, struggling to stream youtube videos sometimes...

3. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I would blame that on Youtube. We have two 10 Gbps links on our network and sometimes youtube runs like crap.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Well, even ignoring youtube, general internet usage is terrible, and downloads aren't even worth the effort.

5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Most of my mates have moved on to Uni or other things

One day they will come back but for now im pretty much a lone wolf

Me being a 3rd year and most of the classes im in are either very small ICT is only 3 of us.... or the bigger class like Engineering are either 1st or 2nd years means 99% of them are under 17 or under and won't get into the clubs i go into anyway, let alone they are immature ****s that irritate me shitless

Im left to drinking on my own at home :( Im looking forward to summer so i can get out more meet some lovely ladys :D

6. Canon

Canon Reformed

Go to pub, drink until you're sociable, see where it leads, problem solved! :thumb:

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The Pens lost to the Caps 3-0 eariler, and it was announced before the game that one of their star players, Evgeni Malkin, has a torn MCL and ACL which will more than likely see him out for the rest of the season :( It was a bad day for Pens fans :duh:

8. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Need to actually get up tomorrow on a day off to sort out getting a tetanus jab, not had one for 15 years it seems and having cut my head on the (metal) garage door it might be worth it.

9. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Accounting 101.... I hate it so much, it shouldn't be legal to have a 4 credit course as a 4 hour block night class

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

We've lost Markov the same way for the second season in a row. The poor guy had just come back from a knee surgery and he fell awkwardly after being hit. He immediately hit the board with his fist out of anger. We knew right away it was game over for him.

Also... I don't think any of this is worthy of this thread ;)

11. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

HAHAHAHAAHAhA... America Eggball :duh:

Have to change my Win 7 32bit to 64bit today tomorrow, and I know I'm somehow going to **** it up completely.
    Also, my insomnia is actually starting to kill me now.... 3-4 hrs of sleep a night is pretty much the best I can hope for.

I managed to electrocute myself last night plugging the vacuum cleaner in, then managed to slice open my hand (not deep or needing stitches/hospital, just right across the carpals (where palm meets wrist)
    This morning I slipped in the shower and smashed my elbow on the taps and my head on the wall. Then managed to fall halway down the stairs....

12. DeadP1xels

i would'nt say its ruining my life but i have to get some petrol soon....

Im pretty determined not to avoid the local petrol station but i know if i go in there its going to be an awkward silence and im not sure what i should say if anything....

Also i have little cash to myself for the next 2 months

Also the rain and wind is hitting my new hair hard... im running out of the gel that actually works and i had to do it myself this morning because my sister went to work (she is a hairdresser) so it kinda looked a bit weird...

13. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

You mean you weren't before? This is why I never bother with hair products, I always make them look stupid on me.

14. DeadP1xels

I've only be doing it for a week and she seems to be able to do it in like 5 minutes then i think part of my brain says "Hey she is a hair dresser it must look right" and goes on

When i do it i feel a **** and just assume its wrong and i takes me like 20 minutes.... It looks better than having it just flat but not right...

15. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

That's precisely why I don't bother, I prefer the extra 20 minutes in bed :p As long as my hair's short it needs little attention, plus my hair has a tendency to ruin any attempt at styling within a few hours.

16. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

^ me with average/long hair

17. DeadP1xels

Just looked in a mirror... its sorta staying right but its starting to F up aswel...

BAH! this is why starting it was a bad idea

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Insurance companies are ruining my life right now, pack of robbing goons that they are. It's coming to the time of the year where my car insurance needs to be renewed and because I haven't been able to afford to buy myself a van since last summer as was my plan, I'm having my car insurance changed to include business use - just to keep everything totally above board. The first time I asked for a quote, they flat out refused to insure that particular vehicle for business usage in my name. After some more phone calls to other companies to get quotes for the same thing I called them back and basically said "goodbye, I'm leaving once the current policy is up". This made them upset. They wanted an hour to "see what they could do about it", so I gave them another chance. They then insulted me when they called back by quoting £2500. At that point I said "ok, that's fine... I'm still leaving once the current policy is up because you've just quoted me over £1000 more than another company for exactly the same thing".

What idiots they are :sigh:

19. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Just dawned on me I gained a Step-mother in August last year. Now dawning on legal implications about my fathers will and any inheritance.

Put it this way, he's 55 she's 35.

My real mothers one step behind, she's 55 and she's dating a 28 year old from Egypt.

Seems things are looking up though. I found a quid down the back of my car seat this morning.

20. DeadP1xels

Im trying to think of stuff i have to look forward to.... Im having trouble...

Seems my life has lost all intrest at this time and its rather boring and depressing.... Bring on the summer!!