1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Crysis 2 leaked

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by tennisball, 11 Feb 2011.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

QFT. I imagine ATI/AMD would've done something similar if the roles were reversed - in fact I think they do something funny with AA in the first two STALKER games (the performance hit for Nvidia is massive) - and as an Nvidia owner I can't seem to activate AA in Supreme Commander 2.
    Vsync in DS1 +2 is fine when actually playing but for some reason the mouse is laggy in the menu screen.

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I noticed that in several games even with vsync off. I don't know how they do it but somehow they manage to make the menus run worse than the game itself 0.o

3. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

These.

I haven't preordered either yet, mainly due to lack of motivation to do so but also saw Crysis and Warhead as beautiful, envelope pushing works of art that were not only enjoyable but also flexible, setting the benchmark for graphical quality and innovative fps game play for some time. I was disappointed that Crysis 2 Chose to dev for the consoles because I realised it would mean we PC gamers wouldn’t necessarily get the attention put into the game we'd like (to make it the next benchmark for awesome) Crysis was the first game that got me into FPS as a genre. My Friends and I exhausted Crysis Wars as a Multiplayer game and Steel Mill will always have a special place in my heart. Crysis 2, Please be good :)

4. Noisiv

Noisiv What's a Dremel?

"In the light of this news, it's likely worth restating bit-gamer's position on discussion of piracy, namely that linking to or asking for illegal downloads will result in bans from the forum."

Shiver me timbers!

Thank you bit-tech for letting me know garrrrrrrrrr....

Pirates ahoy!

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

some beta tester posts an early incomplete alpha / beta build to the filesharing scene. sky dosen't fall... this kind of thing is actually quite more common than some of you might realize. the only big difference here, is that it happens to be for such an over hyped, high profile game so it gets more attention. downloading an unofficial beta build, to me has nothing to do with 'pirating' per se. odds are that the 'master key' included wouldn't have been used in the rtm either. more likely it was a placeholder for the authentication system, that has not been added in yet. as far as negative impact, it will only be in those cases where the person using this incomplete build is so soured by it they are put off from trying the rtm build ever.

now for more general comments on the piracy issue. another thing that a lot of game publishers seem to ignore when quoting 'pirated' copy stats is how many are downloaded by people that did purchase said title, that were prevented from running it by over zealous drm. the other big issue is that many people view all of these media producers, whether software, movies, music churn out far to much sub par to outright terrible content and expect to be rewarded for it. for the consumer, piracy has become a way of effectively protecting themselves from being robbed and or correcting economic injustice. you have to admit that people get pissed off and have a negative reaction to some multi-millionaire complain that they made a theoretical less amount from title x than they thought they should have and blame piracy instead of recognizing that the content they produced was utter crap and therefore no one wanted to purchase it? no of course not. an average person will care less if the millonaire didn't get to buy another ferrari this year, when it meant they could afford to eat.
    some things the industry should take note of if they really wanted to reduce piracy. quit churning out title after title of the same dull uninteresting drivel. slow development time and increase testing time to ensure that software works properly before release. and most importantly lower your prices. if you have a quality product, you can recoup your investment on a higher volume of low priced units, instead of relying on a small sale of high price units.

6. Noisiv

Noisiv What's a Dremel?

Where do I get mods and new maps garrrrr??

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

You're kidding right?

8. Coldon

Coldon What's a Dremel?

one thing thats worrying and that was brought up on the official crysis forums is that now due to this leak the game may be further delayed as well as imposing additional costs on the publisher.

The reasons given were that the masterkey for the MP was leaked, and so giving pirates access to official multiplayer servers. The masterkey/MP authentication systems will have to be changed so as to prevent this and this may lead to further delays.

If the game had gone gold, all the pressed discs/manuals would have to be destroyed and remade leading to additional manufacturing costs, but luckily afaik the game has not gone gold yet and has not entered manufacturing.

So hold thumbs this screw up doesnt mean that the game will get delayed again.

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

let's hope they won't delay it to force some super duper DRM

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Signed affidavit from the CEO of Crytek? :D

11. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Well I see this as EA providing a free demo for PC gamers without having to print dvd's or pay for bandwidth.

No one and not even EA can complain about piracy because this whole situation happened internally. What kind of security does EA have where a AAA title can walk right out the door? I myself will not download Crysis 2 but will wait for reviews of the finished product cause so far the game looks to be dumbed down for consoles plus Crysis was just above average anyway.

12. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Centy-face. I never thought your real surname was "Face" nor have I linked you to pirates in Somalia. I was being sarcastic to illustrate an opinion similar to your own. Yet mainly, I was trying to show my disappointment in Bit-tech's policy's. I think if you re-read the posting you will detect a heavy undertone of sarcasm.

13. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

The bigger the budget of the game, the higher the number of people working on it, so i would guess that there is actually a greater likelihood of a AAA big budget title being leaked by a disgruntled employee than with a smaller project.

14. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

Bit-tech doesn't support piracy because piracy is wrong, simple as that. Your attempt to label them as a paranoid dictatorship was juvenile.

15. hbeevers

hbeevers Yes, it can play crysis!

EA are so bothered about pirates, hence all their crapware security, only for one of their own people to pre-release stuff. I'm getting a bit sick of all gaming companies assuming that all PC gamers are going to pirate games unless there's a ton of security to stop it, half the time it doesn't even work well to stop pirating anyway. This can't be good but i hope crytek and EA realise that it's their own fault.

16. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

any screens of the game maxed?

17. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I wonder what graphics card and monitor you have? I installed the leaked game and the graphics are on a new level in terms of texture and lighting realism. The effects are excellent as well. I note that as fantastic as the graphics look, they are running in DX9 at the moment,.

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

FFS, at least say 'your friend was playing it' or some other excuse.

19. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

same here

20. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

What the hell is this BS?

Graphics settings --> Advanced, Hardcore? Are you freaking kidding me?