1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crytek respond to Crysis 2 leak

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Feb 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

'Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community.'

Then don't leak your own games then

3. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

LOL

Why yes, just blame piracy for leaking your own games!

4. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

+1

Although you have to wonder who/when is getting killed/sued. A company that makes a shooter either takes you down or does you in. :lol:

5. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

/sarcasm on
    yes cuz this totally wouldn't happen with consoles :p
    /sarcasm off

6. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

It does annoy me when people make it seem that ONLY pcs have piracy.

7. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

This is a good point! Surely it can't be considered a pirate, given that it isn't a copy of a retail game, but rather a developer build which was leaked from the inside.

Personally i won't be downloading, and I have preordered, however it is typical to see it blamed on piracy rather than internal issues.

8. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

So to confirm, this beta leak is incomplete AND unfinished? Ok then, so when you've cracked out the polish it'll be good to go?

I'm not sure why such a big fuss is being made of this. When the game gets fully released it'll get pirated again; complete, finished and polished. Those who want to pirate it will do, regardless of it coming out early, same goes for those who want to buy it.

9. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Tell you what if its any good i'll buy it. I've not downloaded don't have time to play my back log from the steam sales. But if C2 is any good you've got a sale if its shody don't blame piracy... Deal?

10. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Anyone else think that a single player demo would let users try before they buy/preorder and would reduce piracy?

11. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

Dear Crytek/EA: If you spent more time making games good and less time finding reasons why PC is the root of all evil and all your money loss, you would have more money...

12. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

Whilst i don't condone Piracy, you can't put the blame of this leak under the 'Piracy is killing PC game development' banner.

It was leaked , not hacked or stolen.

Get your own house in order before issuing a blanket blame on others.

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

To a degree possibly but TBH those who are going to pirate then game will do regardless of whether a demo is launched, DRM is included or if the game is any good or now.

14. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

They are doing a demo, apparently.

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

agree.

i think CryTek should read this news about how profitable Valve is, rather than blame piracy for everything.

Crysis 2 is a generic console FPS, so im afraid you can only blame yourself for lost of sales on PC.

16. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I think Crytek are not long for the pc market after this.

17. Xir

Xir Modder

oooh, now it's been a while that a Game leaked a long time before it's supposed to come out, hasn't it?

I remember in the pre-internet days, going into a shop, asking if there's a patch for this-or-that game I've been playing for the last few weeks, only to get an astonished...but that'll not be out for another two months :D
    Off course, back then releases in the states and in europe were quite far apart. At least they learned from that.

Things have vhanged though, I don't need leaked/pirated games, don't even have time to play through everything I own.:D

18. reflux

reflux What's a Dremel?

I'm desperate to play but will be waiting for the full game to come out. If it's good and worth playing, Crytek deserve my money.

19. Sensei

Sensei What's a Dremel?

Its not just pcs that have piracy but their media is very easy to copy. Its disapointing as we will now probably lose another great pc developer to the console market. I for one will be buying the game.

20. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

No no he's right clearly the pirates sailed up to them on a clipper ship boarded and made off with the dev build. Get over yourselves Crytek.

Hopefully you may respond to some of the things we noticed like the lack of graphics options which I doubt was going to change since they weren't labelled as dev specific but rather called gamer and hardcore etc... no just the old options menu will be fine. Think of it as an unofficial beta :D

Tags: Add Tags