1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Suggest a GFX card for my rig please?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zauber, 15 Mar 2011.

1. Zauber

Zauber What's a Dremel?

He said a 8800 gtx, I don't know if that's right. It's quite old and he doesn't remember the name lol

2. trig

trig god's little mistake

well, did you have to use both pci-e connectors? if so, then we can rule that out as a possible problem. the tdp of the 8800 gtx is higher than the gtx 560...maybe it is a bios update, but that seems wacky. i'm no super braniac, but the way in which the gpu sends data through the pci-e lanes isn't something thats going to be changed when a new card comes out, right? so that just doesn't make sense, and leads to the conclusion that the card was faulty.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2011
  3. Zauber

Zauber What's a Dremel?

Yep, I was certain that the card was faulty but scan disagreed. Meh, it's fine now, I got refunded and went for the Radeon HD6950 so hopefully it'll work. If not, I have decided to burn my flat down and kill myself. (joke), but really I'll be annoyed! :p

4. murraynt

murraynt Modder

:waah: Then I can't kill you with my defib in BF. :lol:

trig likes this.
  5. trig

trig god's little mistake

can I have the gpu??:D

murraynt likes this.
  6. Zauber

Zauber What's a Dremel?

GPU was RMA'd and refunded, the new one is a replacement. If you really want it I'm sure Scan will give it to you for £185 :p