1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming World of Tanks interview - you ask the questions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 21 Mar 2011.

1. Rue Ryuzaki

Rue Ryuzaki What's a Dremel?

Why don't you sell the World of Tanks t-shirts openly? (you know you want to)

I have seen quotes in some interviews saying that "clan wars" and clans will be the heart of the game, my question is what will you be doing to ensure that people play only every now and then, or don't want to get all tied up in a clan, remain interested in the game since you will be focusing on clans?

Why did you have to get rid of tip99?

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I would like to add a couple of points that, while not questions, might be good food for thought and lead to better debate with Wargaming :)

1) I completely agree on the spotting system, it's broken. The hardcore mode that Flip proposes sounds very interesting, i know quite a few battles that would pan out completely different :)

2) I'm very much for keeping artillery, if only for the variety in gameplay. I really like to play a more casual game of arty while i have a snack or if i need to break a losing streak with something different. Also, killing arti is awesome fun and very gratifying, and there's nothing like the thrill of surviving a concentrated artillery barrage. All in all i think the presence of artillery leads to more positive gaming situations then negative ones.
    It's up to map designers to create interesting situations where you have a good balance between areas that are safe from arty and areas that are bombed to smithereens :)

3) I don't care about the balance being in favor of Russian tanks. I can hardly think of a game that isn't the other way around, and i don't find that too disturbing either. Ofcourse, if you design both teams, your own team wins.

3. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I gave the game a try last night. Wasn't impressed. Looks and feels like a game from 10 years ago. I mean it really does look and feel that dated! The weapon system is very arcadey. I have deleted the game.

4. feathers

feathers Minimodder

P. S.

None of the scenery is destructible. This further adds to the dated look and feel of the game. It's VINTAGE!

5. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I wonder how long you played for, as all trees are destructible and so are a lot of buildings. However, you'll only be able to destroy objects like this if you're travelling at high speed in a decent weight tank (i.e. not the training tanks you start off with).

Last edited: 22 Mar 2011
  6. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

As as beta tester (pretty rubbish one at that) i tend to die alot, well not alot per say but normally first in every match due to my inability to stop myself rushing in.

Im wondering if WoT is considering implementing the Bomberman Revenge system. Where by i can slide on rails on either side of the map throwing bombs on the heads of my vanquishers?

7. james888

james888 What's a Dremel?

Developer credibility?

I saw this game on the site and thought it looked amazing. I went and registered and downloaded. AVG antivirus pops up saying there is a backdoor trojan called spy eye attached. Explanation of spy eye -->http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/spyeye-bot-versus-zeus-bot.
    I was honestly very suprised by this. I am not the only one who has had this problem.

Others with the problem:
    http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/29927-virus-warning-about-wotlauncher/
    http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/31095-avg-anti-virus-found-backdoor-trojan-in-install-file/
    I am not one to just add it to my exclusion list. I as of now am wary but still want to play the game.

So is Wargaming.net a good developer or not?
    Is spy eye really in the installer?

8. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

1) will there be improvements to the HUD, for the uninitiated it's very difficult to tell the difference between a heavy tank and and a medium from the tiny icon. On the player name a simple system that shows the tier of the tank (maybe an icon of rank) might help. To at least initiate new players that their tier 1 won't damage that tier 4)

2) any thought of tutorial or training levels for beginners on basic tank strategy. Most new players don't know exactly what they are supposed to do, besides roll over and die

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Having not played the beta, sell me the game in a sentence.

10. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Drive a 60 ton metal behemoth around the countryside blowing up Nazi's!

How was that? ;)

11. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Nailed it.

12. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Thanks for all your questions chaps

I've sent off your quesitons to Wargaming.net and hope to post the answers and competition winners sometime next week.

Tags: Add Tags