1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD shipping Llano in April, says industry analyst

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 24 Mar 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

The Sandy Bridge window of opportunity's gone and retailers have been dropping prices on AM3 stuff to make way - I've gone from AM2+ to AM3, the backbone with just an Athlon II coming in under £120 and still with the full range of the other CPUs where prices will only fall further as upgrade options.

They should release the latter parts sooner as well for the health of the company, they need revenue back from the bread and butter, not just graphics cards.

Last edited: 25 Mar 2011
  3. Platinum

Platinum What's a Dremel?

Half tempted to get one of these, as I understand it you can get a add in GPU and use hybrid crossfire between the two.
    A A6-3550 Quad core with 400 shaders paired with say a Saphire 5670 Ultimate should make for a awesome medai / lan pc thats pretty much silent.

4. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

Bulldozer isn't an APU, is it?

5. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Just out of interest is this the double L at the start a long L or a Welsh double L? I cant wait for the video interviews if it's the latter.

6. sWW

sWW Minimodder

Are the graphics chips on these supposed to be better than those found on Sandy Bridge procs?

7. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

cant wait ^_^

9. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Really wish they gave out for info, as i was waiting for Llano or Bullzdozer for my next build but SB came first..

10. REMF

REMF What's a Dremel?

the dual core with 160 shaders seems like a winner to me, should have a TDP of 25W which will it to be used in slimline 11.6" chassis's.

i want.

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

In terms of gaming performance, easily better.

The GPU inside Llano is essentially a HD5650 mobility which easily trounces the HD3000 found in any mobile Sandybridge part (the latter being slightly quicker than a HD5450m). Expect playable performance @ 720p and medium settings is most up to date games. Not bad really.

EDIT: Sorry the above is for the 400SP part found in the Quad core models. The Dual core's 160SP part should still perform better than the HD3000 although they will be close. I would give the nod to AMD simply due to better / more up-to-date driver support.

Tags: Add Tags