1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice New build completed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kryten2340, 1 May 2011.

1. Kryten2340

Kryten2340 What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Just thought I'd share a pic of my new build. It's an i7 2600K using an Asus P8P67 Pro board and a 3GB GTX580 also with 8GB (4x2) of Dominator GT 2133MHz RAM complete with Airflow pro. All contained within the HAF X case. As you can see I've added 2 of Coolermaster's red LED 200mm Megaflow fans and replaced the stock fans on the H70 cooler with 2 Coolermaster red LED Sickleflow 120mm fans. I have to say I'm loving the ripple effect tube that's at the top. Not bad for a few quid.

Also I'm loving the fact I've got the 2600K up to 4.9GHz with reasonable temps. Anyways let mr know what you think.

[​IMG]

2. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

pictures of the inside? Looks good from the outside though! why did you go with the 3gb gtx 580? and also the 8gb of dominator ram? isn't it really expensive? why not some corsair vengeance ram?

3. Kryten2340

I haven't taken any pictures of the inside. I went with the 3GB 580 as I wanted a card that had loads of RAM on it. As for the RAM yeah it's expensive but as I got a bonus from work I wasn't really sticking to a budget. The memory is pretty quick I have to say.

4. thetrashcanman

but why? 3gb of ram is only any good if your using massive resolutions like 2560 x 1600 or triple hd resolution.

5. Kryten2340

I guess it's because the last time I built something I didn't do my homework properly and bought 2 8600GT's which couldn't cope with the demands of some later games so I went to the other side of the scale so I wouldn't have that problem again. As I say I had a bonus from work so I wasn't working to a strict budget which is also why I got a Logitech G19 keyboard.

What can I say I like my gadgets lol.

6. thetrashcanman

ah i see, well nice job, look forward to seeing some internal pictures :)

7. Sponge12349

Sponge12349 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ︵ ┻━┻

That looks great! ;) Pics of the inside please :D

8. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

Looks really good & nice future proof choices there
    Internal photos would be nice as well.

9. Kryten2340

Ok then, here's a few internal pictures, with a couple more external ones first hope they are of decent quality. Please don't ask me to take the other side panel off as due to amount of cables tied it was a right b*tch to get back on.

Front of case

[​IMG]

External shot of the Dominator GT Airflow Pro

[​IMG]

Inside at the top showing a Coolermaster 200mm Megaflow Red LED fan and the stock 200mm fan that came with the case. I decided to do it this way as felt having the fan at the front lit up wouldn't give as much as an effect due to all the 5/4" drives but now I'm thinking I may order another one and brighten it up a bit more. What do you think? Note the fan cables from the 200mm fans, the 120mm fans and the H70 pump route out the back of the case.

By the way the liquid neon strip actually gives a decent ripple effect. Got it from ebuyer (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/138699) not bad for 3 and a half quid.

[​IMG]

The Corsair H70 cooler. The CPU block/pump is combined and you can just make out the radiator behind the Coolermaster 120mm Red LED fan. (There's also another one of these fans on the other side of the radiator acting as an intake.

[​IMG]

A far away shot of the Antec 850W PSU, the GTX 580 and X Fi card. I've decide to retain the VGA fan duct and use one of the 120mm fans that came with the H70 that wasn't used. I'm not sure how much of an effect this will have as there's another Coolermaster 200mm Megaflow on side panel acting as an intake. Still it helps route the PCIe power cables into the 580 neatly.

[​IMG]

A close up of the GTX 580 and X-Fi

[​IMG]

The 3.5" bays

[​IMG]

Lastly I thought I would mention the mouse mat as I think it's quite funny.

[​IMG]

What's your thoughts then?

On a separate topic I've used the Asus P6P67 extreme overclocking tuner and managed to get 4.9GHz. I've done nothing intensive other than move about 700GB of data from one drive to another and the temperature didn't rise above 60-65ºC however occasionally the vcore slightly goes over it's threshold of 1.551v. Have I gone a bit too far in my overclock?

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

What are those 200mm Megaflows like?

11. Kryten2340

If you mean by noise then they're quite quiet. I'll put it this way my last rig was full of 80mm fans and they were very loud so this is a big difference. There seems to be a lot of air coming from the top exhaust too. Lighting wise they do look pretty good.

12. EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach What's a Dremel?

Nice build, thinking of getting a similar spec myself. Is it possible to take a few photos with the LEDs off- they are a bit blinding!

13. waynejuve

waynejuve What's a Dremel?

looks prety sweet:rock:

14. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

I love the mouse mat, whered you get it? I want one!

Also I really need to tidy up my internals and take some photos

15. Blackmoon181

Blackmoon181 Geography,Its not just colouring in

I really like the airflow pro LED's.

I'm also sucker for brash lighting!