1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Torn trying to find a headset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by monkeydud, 16 May 2011.

1. monkeydud

monkeydud What's a Dremel?

Hi, I am torn between 3 headsets: Steelseries Siberia V2 (love the looks and good reviews but why no CPC review?), Sennheiser 330, and the Razer Carcharies. Can any one advise me on which is better? I am currently using a set of sennheiser PX100's, have to say I don't have a mic. My headset that I use sometimes is very uncomfortable as it isa neck one and it has issues with my glasses!! Cheers for the advice!!

2. louist44

louist44 Minimodder

My Razer Carcharias arrived this morning :) :) Very nice looking, and extremely comfortable, I personally don't wear glasses but from all the reviews I have read you can wear glasses with these, the ear cups are very soft so they will form around your glasses. They do leak quite a bit of noise though.. more than I imagined. The mic is fairly clear but I haven't had a proper play around with it yet so I cant really comment on that.

Not used any of the other headsets you mentioned but thought I would just say that the Razers are very nice!

3. carajp

carajp What's a Dremel?

I love my Razer Carcharias! I've had them for 3 months and they're the nearest I've come to forgetting I'm wearing a headset. I had a Steelseries before, which were comfortable but actually didn't last too long. The Carcharias though is the *most* comfortable headset I've worn ever. :)

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I don't have any of those, but used to have Steelseries. Have to say, thought the build quality was a bit shoddy, and the sound only 'ok'. I currently have Logitech G35s but out of the above, I'd probably go for the Razers!

5. monkeydud

How do you find the razors sound?hear mixed reviews.I do love the awesome hidden microphone as I wont always be using the microphone.hmm if only I could find somewhere to try them....

6. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Razer Carcharias - Bought them not 2 weeks ago and they are fantastic. So comfy. Worth every penny.

7. monkeydud

Comfort it always good!!ow do you find the sound?

8. Ferrero94

Ferrero94 What's a Dremel?

9. weepete

weepete What's a Dremel?

Sennheiser 330 gets my vote, it truley is a cracking headset

10. Funkyman831

Funkyman831 What's a Dremel?

Hey I'm actually using a pair of G930's. They are around $120, but they definitely work for the price. Wireless with no loss of quality, comes with great software to change bass/treble/ other levels. Mic is extremely clear. Synthetic 7.1 surround sound and lasts for 10 hours on one charge. Plenty of bass and crystal clear. Very comfortable as well.

11. Sponge12349

Sponge12349 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ︵ ┻━┻

Creative Tactic Sigma if you dont have a soundcard.
    If you do, Razer Carcharias.

12. grand_witch

grand_witch What's a Dremel?

Another vote for the Razer Carcharias, although if you want a cheaper option try the Plantronics Gamercon, a bit chunky but child proof (just ask my 3 and 2 year olds).

13. monkeydud

Got a creative xfi fatality pro.so no one has the v2?hmm razers are looking good.how do the 330s fair?

14. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Sound is very good in the razers. And the mic is apparently good on the other end. all in all great purchase.

15. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

16. monkeydud

Had a read through those.thanks for link.still can't decide on it.shame not more have vanishing mics. Thinking maybe better with headphones and lapel mic. Not ideal though.it is main reason I like Siberia.

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Let me give you a little insight into gaming peripherals;

Nobody can tell you which of those is better. Reviews can tell you which have the best frequency response, and which is more comfortable to wear for long periods of time, and even which ones have superior build quality. No review and nobody can tell you which gaming headset is best because it's entirely a personal preference. My advice is this: Pick one based on a number of good reviews and go with it. If you use it enough for a few weeks and haven't ripped it off your head in frustration because of something you don't like about it, you're golden. Play enough whilst wearing it and after a while you won't be able to wear any other headset whilst gaming.

I bought a set of the old Speedlink Medusa 5.1 headsets in 2005. I wore them through countless CSS matches equalling well over 3000 hours of gaming in a 4 year period. I got to a point where I couldn't play CSS without that headset on. if I wore any other headset it just didn't feel right. The Medusa's weren't necessarily the best headset in the world but I picked them and got used to them. I've since moved on and become a much more adaptive player, but it still takes a while for me to get used to a new headset. I moved onto a cheapie pair of Sennheiser HD485's for a while, using a lapel mic for comms, but have recently invested in the newer Speedlink headset, the Medusa NX 5.1. It's a big improvement on the old version and I think it'll serve me well. It feels very comfortable when I put it on and doesn't get uncomfortable after any period of time, and is great in terms of in-game sound quality and overall performance.

So in summary; Pick one, buy it, use it, enjoy it :thumb: And don't forget to keep fragging along the way ;)