1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Has anyone been recieving this message too?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by REDDEVIL-UK1, 16 Jun 2011.

1. REDDEVIL-UK1

REDDEVIL-UK1 MUFC

ok should i do the driver sweep again in safe mode then install 266?

2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

you should always do a driver sweep when changing versions. The installers are infamous for leaving behind old dll's and other files which cock up the version you're changing to.

3. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Sounds like a good idea :)

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

my zotac 460 1gb came without any thermal pads on the memory.. and was only 2/3 covered with tim on the sink

that's probably the issue. after I was done with it and fixed the ramp speeds on the fan and unlocked voltage, and a lot of testing/actual gameplay it runs at 845/2050 @ 1037v.. tops is 906/2150 @ 1137v

I played all the way through mafia 2 maxed out at 906 :D just a lot of voltage for around 60.. default voltage is 1.025v (I believe)

runs great in windows too.. it's probably the crap job they do in putting them together.. saw the same thing with other nvidia cards I've bought since the 8800gtx

5. REDDEVIL-UK1

REDDEVIL-UK1 MUFC

update: installed driver 266 and it's done it again this time it froze/locked the pc on me

i'm so close to getting rid of this card if i can't get the power outta it

6. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Assuming you aren't running SLI in the other rig a 520w corsair which I suspect is the HX520 should be perfectly happy.

7. REDDEVIL-UK1

REDDEVIL-UK1 MUFC

ok another update bit odd this one

i've uninstalled all drivers for the GPU done clean sweep then i've let windows update the drivers for me that was done last night and i've not had a single problem since then

The driver version device manager is telling me is: 8.17.12.6724 which i'm assuming is v167.24.

all temps are ok and system seems stable

will update again for you guys in a few days time

Thanks so much for your advice and help :thumb::thumb: