1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte Factory Tour 2011

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 28 Jun 2011.

1. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

Great article!

2. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Very interesting, stlll think the QA process could be improved :p

3. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Nope, it was that magnificent old dinosaur "Colonel" Jerry Sanders, co-founder of AMD.
    He's from a generation when Semi men had big clanking balls and women padded their backsides so they could sit down at the end of the day after all the slaps and pinches around the office.
    You know...the good old days.

Urgh. Now there are no more Semi men, just "Partial" men and their polo necked shirts and "women as equal partners" rubbish. Why don't they just go order their lattes, play with their iWank and ride a bike to their touchy-feely multimedia experience development workshop, and leave the foundry business to the real men.
    Men with muscles and hairy chests and balls full of man juice (and not at all like dancers at a gay bar).
    Men who look at an OH&S safety audit report as a set of challenges.
    Men who hire office workers (AKA women) according to a thoroughly researched ratio that measures chest size, skirt length and individual responses to a questionaire of sexual innuendos and naughty suggestions.
    Men who roam office buildings in executive packs berating the weak and ugly into submission with sarcastic comparisons between their poor job performances and the diminutive size of their penises and/or breasts.

Damn we've bred a generation of weak pansies. The last few years it has only been Carly Fiorina who has shown any balls and ***** at all. Mark Hurd and Larry Ellison have done their best, but they don't measure up in any way to Carly, neither above nor below the belt.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2011
  4. a10112

a10112 What's a Dremel?

uhh. weird- this looks like that video on youtube of a motherboard factory tour from several years ago. of course, low-resolution video doesn't explain how bit-tech got high-resolution, extra clear photos of the place. (and the parallel ports being attached to the motherboard baffle me as they're largely excluded from motherboards made today).

5. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

It will be for solder fumes and smoke as it is toxic. Every worker has a soldering iron at their work station so they must get a lot of smoke and fumes. I used to work on a similar production line making telephone motherboards and the Q.A. staff had them too.

Oh, and great article guys, all that is missing is my personal invite and a free sample (mobo) ;)

6. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Excellent tour! The model of the older factory was really well done, it makes me wonder what other works of art have been made by old computer parts.

7. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Very cool to see how my beloved gear is made and where it comes from.

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I think it's the fourth time I've seen a Gigabyte tour article :hehe:

9. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

Its the life suck 3000!

10. Ayrto

Ayrto What's a Dremel?

Fascinating stuff.

Bet the Oompa Loompas came out when you left tho.

11. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

Glad you all liked it. For those who think they've seen something like this before, you probably have. Gigabyte invite press to their Taiwan factories as much as they can (like we said in the article, they like to boast that they are the only manufacturer still making stuff in Taiwan).

To be honest it's good that they let us take photos as many manufacturers wouldn't. I'm off to a Global Foundries CPU fab tomorow and have been told that it's a strictly no photos affair :-(

12. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Great to know a load of woman are working with toxic chemicals on a production line in the east instead of looking after their children

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Sounds very sexist..... almost as bad as saying "what are all them girls doing out the kitchen."

why cant females have the right to work? and so long as they are paid properly and notified of the dangers involved... whats the problem? Gigabyte is probs one of the place's to work around there.

and you have no idea about the kids... they could be in school, or with family (Asian family's stick together alot more than Weston family's, and will often have up to 3 generations in one house)

14. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Nice article, but I am really disappointed....
    Seriously guys, no video of cellotape-fu??
    Seriously?

:p

15. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

I want to live in your world where a guy can afford to support a family on a single salary. Assuming, of course, those women are married and have kids.

16. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

17. Xir

Xir Modder

I got to meet him just before he retired...Ah the good old days :D

18. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Thank you hard working folk at gigabyte for our motherboard goodness....

Great article, most interesting

19. dream1

dream1 What's a Dremel?

Did u get eny frees tuff ??? :)

20. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Stop! We have a luxury life because these people work for us. Most of us have a heart attack if we can't upgrade our computers after 2 years and act like spoilt brats if we don't have the latest gizmo to detract us from the depression that is so rife in the west. This consumer life is an illusion and yes call me sexist if you like, but personally I celebrate femininity as much as my own masculinity. What you say is comparable to saying 'I suppose all men should be in the tool shed making something'. Also, these people are forced to work because their homes are destroyed to make way for factories. So once where food was produced, there now stands western luxury goods production plants.

Tags: Add Tags