1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music do you have noisy neighbours???

Discussion in 'General' started by penryn 2 hertz, 23 Jul 2011.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

yes i do... and one of these days one is going to kill the other...

... i hope they do it soon... sick of the police banging on the wrong door... then watching the police dragging one of them away in those fashionable bracelets... then letting them go a few hours later...

2. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

Oh yes I do... well, did.

After 2 years of complaining about pictures being shaken off my walls, my 3 yr old being woken up and torrents of abuse when I bang on his door in an attempt to get him to stop drilling at 2AM, it's stopped?

How? First, stop complaining to the Housing Association that are as effective as a holed johnny.

Second, mix an Outside Electricity Cupboard, a Utility Key, a missing 100A fuse, and some 60 second epoxy. Stir in a sick mind, and add a pinch of desperation. The results are so insanely funny, I came very close to actually pissing myself. Took 2 days for him to get into it, and rather unsurprisingly, he's got the hint now.

Prometheus likes this.
  3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

My neighbors must be saints, it's a small miracle they haven't complained about my roommates and I. We watch movies at all hours of the night, frequently yell at full volume while playing video games, have band practices at reasonable hours but still very loud, and generally enjoy being loud and obnoxious with each other. All of this with the windows open since we don't have air conditioning.

Thankfully this is in a house, not an apartment, duplex or any sort of shared living environment. There's a little bit of a buffer to muffle the madness. :)

4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

i might be a noisy nieghbour, we have a surround sound system, that we have to keep turning up and down.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I live in a 1889 Victorian terrace. Big, fat double-brick walls are cheesecake.

6. Black Tiger

Black Tiger Chineapple Punks

lol pretty much the same situation here, i always make sure im not using surround after 11pm, when watching films find myself constantly turning volume up and down for the action/talking parts.

i live in a semi attached house so its not to bad, also helps being great mates with the neighbour aswell :p

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I live kinda outside of town and don't have neighbors withing 1000 feet. Plus my house is surrounded by at least 200 feet of thick forest, in other words no one will heard you scream :lol:

8. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Nothing i can do about it as i love movies and without proper sound i cant enjoy the film and honestly i think most people are like me

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I love loud music, that doesn't mean I have the right to listen to it at 3am. There's plenty you could do. The first two ideas would be:

A) Headphones

B) Don't watch movies at night if you can't enjoy them without them being damn loud.

Honestly, people who think it's acceptable to have really loud noise at night should get ASBO's, they're no better than the neds down the shop who harass random people.

10. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

I don't watch movies at 3am!!! I'm sleeping at 3am I only watch movies between 12-8 in the afternoon/evening. I have 3 small children so can't play anything loud after 8 anyway as they are sleeping I'm not a yob lol just like my movies that's all

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Not my neighbour, but my sister has a neighbour who keeps on knocking on her door and constantly pushes love letters through the door, and with a 3 month odd old baby, it doesn't really help...

12. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Depends, its nowhere near as bad as where I used to live where someone I knew (didnt like or w/e but I knew him from school etc.) Moved next door and had parties almost every friday/sat or sunday till around 3-4 am in the morning blasting music as loud as it could go and pissing about in a hot tub.... Oh and then starting fights on people, sitting all over our car and then dragging a person they jumped up to our car and started to hit him then suposidly threaten to stab my stepdad when he told em to piss off our front garden..

Anyways now it aint too bad, most people around here are elderly only noise is from the guy who thinks its cool to either A. ride a moped round and round and round late at night.. or B. drive round slamming his foot on the accelerator at night with a big exahust :/

13. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

Got some ravers across the road. Ringing the police does sweet f-all due to the area being 'more trouble than it's worth' so the police only come out for the 'serious' stuff and even then that amounts to PCSO's or parking a helicopter over the area for an hour in the vain hope that criminals have sensetive hearing or a fear of flying machines.

Had some people living in my neighbours back room who had a tendancy to wake me up early in the morning on my days off. The thing of it was, they were just talking with each other and laughing but it was so loud I could hear everything they were saying. REALLY got to me. Decided to direct all six speaks I had in my room at the dividing wall and blasting the 'Death Cult Armageddon' album by Dimmu Borgir and 'Serpents of the light' be Deicide. Took a few days for them to get the point but it worked!

Last edited: 26 Jul 2011
  14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I live on the noisiest street in the whole town. Late night/early morning particularly on Friday/Saturday there's usually drunken revellers shouting the odds. Every evening there's a bunch of kids yelling/screaming/shouting from when I get home from work until 9-ish. One neighbour uses my front garden as a shortcut to his mate next door. Kids/adults hoofing a football round, despite cars and whatnot parked up and down the street - had 3 close calls where I nearly had ghetto air conditioning. Sometimes get arguing couples although that's not often now. It's not very often now (thankfully) but there was very loud rap/gabba playing nearly constantly for a while (thankfully my father-in-law was on the council at the time and when he experienced the noise it was quickly sorted).

I can only hope that the council don't put a family in like they did across the way a couple of years ago, christ they were terrible.

My neighbour on the other side in the adjoining house has fists of ham and feet of lead. He has no concept of door handles and absolutely bangs his front door shut. It's a surprise his car is still in one piece the sheer velocity he closes the doors on it. Then it's bang, clong as a pair of shoes are kicked at a radiator. Stomp, stomp, bang bang. Apart from that he seems alright, no loud music. From the sound of it, he once was trying to get his back door to shut properly by repeatedly banging it shut and I assume shaving a hairs breadth off it then slamming it into its frame, ad nauseum. I don't mind sounds of diy but it got a bit stupid. The other neighbour grinds metal for his car or pushbikes which isn't too bad as it's not too noisy and doesn't go on for long.

I'm about fed up with it all now and tbh I'd rather sell up and rent somewhere.

*sigh*

15. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

A load of polish people renovating a house next door.

Think its ok to use a hammer and drill in the dividing wall at 10pm.

Called the police about 3 times to them and its stopped, but I think its prob because they have finished rather than they give a toss.

Glad I only rent or id have put a fist through the wall.

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Neighbours side of me are a bunch of loud chavs! They're either shouting at one another or banging on the wall... then there's the dog...

17. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Not really, I live by the sea, so from monday to friday it's usually pretty dead quiet. Unfortunately the neighbors we do have, are an elderly couple, and the husband is pretty much deaf, so at 9 am you'll just hear "YANNI!!! POU EISAI!" (ganni where are you), HE'S IN THE GARDEN HIDING FROM YOU BICH!! Bah. Then it will be morning and you'll just hear this AH!!, like a gun shot. Old greek people seem to think that suppressing the sound of your sneeze or sneezing at a normal volume, is wrong, so makes it as loud as possible.

Another thing Greek people do, is sit on their balcony and watch their tv that's in their living room from there, often at full blast. Thankfully, I don't have that problem, but the one time the neighbor had fallen asleep to the house of commons channel, and that was at full blast. We were shouting outside his window to get him to turn it down. Eventually we found his phone number and they turned it down.

When I was living in a terraced house back in the UK, I never had loud music or anything. The one time I decided I was going to put my hifi on full blast, FOR ONE SONG, the stupid fudgers phoned my room mate who was their friend (meanwhile it was my house and I was 'in charge', to call me and complain that my music was very loud. They had a baby so fair enough, but ONE SONG?!

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

One thing I DO have is that I live next to a steeply inclined street. That in itself would be fine. I also live in an area where there's about a million quadbikes and 50cc dirtbikes. All driven by 16 year olds (and often illegally so). All hvaing a blooming ball as they push their bikes to the rev limiter up the hill. ESPECIALLY on Saturday evenings and Sundays all day (8:00-22:00)
    The police don't care (as it's not a main road).

I have considered making use of that painball marker in my cupboard to alleviate the situation, but I am afraid I'd actually hit one of them on the helmet. Loud banging on the helmet, no visibility, 15 balls a second, 60-80 km/h = HUGE Accident and a dead kid... not what I want.

19. Rjmacready73

Rjmacready73 What's a Dremel?

I would never hear my neighbours complain above the noise of my home cinema blasting away at 1am.. besides who doesnt like to be roused from sleep by a muffled SPAAARRTTTAAAAAAA and some wall shaking sub bass...

20. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I just get stuck with two deaf neighbours and a child that refuses to be quiet at the moment. I believe she's about eight, from the wonderful torrent of swearing that drifts in through my window.

The parents are arguably worse, though. Even when people are yelling; they tend to keep it within a rough level. These two don't. I suspect even the house four down the terrace can hear those two shouting!

I'll admit, I'm no saint. I can turn the air blue with curses and complaints if something's not going right, but at least I try to keep it down!